Alter city population?

turfcat

Prince
Hi, has anyone evr possibly heard of a patch to alter the population of cities?

I build a lot of Native American scenarios and having a pile of cities with populations of 40 000, 50 000, etc. doesn't make much sense historically. I've checked the editor evrywhere and can't seem to find any way to alter this. I thought maybe someone might of built a patch somewhere.:scan:

It's hardcoded sadly. I've always been annoyed by it too, even though it doesn't affect gameplay.

I just ignore it. It's only a representation for the player. You could probably customize the city screen background so that it isn't visible there.

My one disagreement with you would be that Walls are limited to Towns.

Best,

Oz

Oz, I'm not sure what you mean... isn't he talking about this?

Attachments

• citypop.JPG
    citypop.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 68
Oz, I'm not sure what you mean... isn't he talking about this?

Hmm ... Frankly I don't know. I thought he meant that it was unrealistic for certain Civs' cities to grow beyond a certain point. :dunno:

I do believe that Weasel is correct on that matter, however Oz, you too are right that the walls being limited to a town is a bit daft too.

My point was that I do a lot of modding of Native American scenarios and historically many of their cities never exceeded 10 000 people. Yet in the city screen it lists the populations at 30 000, 40 000, 50 000, etc.
This doesn't affect game play in any way, it just bothers me looking at it from a historical view.
I think the idea of changing the city screen to cover up the listed population is not a bad idea though.
Or perhaps if someone could design the city screen in such a way as to cover up just the last zero would b great.
I'll try this myself but i'm a little graphically handicapped.

Top Bottom