Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to add some blank world maps to the OP, though i don't want to do so on my laptop, you'll have to wait 3 weeks till i get my computer to Venezuela.

the map of the world at the turn of the 22nd century!

Canada and USA Merged, lower California as well, Mexico had a little break up in the south, with Yucatania and Veracruz-Oaxaca forming states. USA is just a major power, no longer a world power.

Later on around 2050, the Caribbean and Central American unions formed. Main income: Tourism.

South America and Panama and Costa Rica formed a South American Union.
Guyana got annexed by Venezuela and Suriname got partitioned by Venezuela and French Guinea which is now independent and part of the Caribbean union. Tiny Suriname is independent and neutral and has became a hellhole. UK sold Falkland islands to Argentina for a hefty sum.

The EU continued to have new member states, including North African countries. In 2089 the EU disbanded and countries with common interest joined each other.

States are:
United Kingdom - Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Channel Islands, and some colonies. Friend of E4.

E4 - The few countries that wanted to keep the EU together. France, Spain, Portugal and Italy, as well as Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. (Of which are now economically on par with Europe) and Atlantic Islands of Canaries, Azores, Madeiras and Cape Verde. Capital is Lyon. North Africa is now mostly atheist.

Albania - A Minnow state. Follows the E4. Ally of the E4 although if invaded the E4 wouldn't bother protecting it.

Greece - After the dissolution of the EU, Cyprus joined Greece. Important Ally of the E4.

Algeria and Egypt - Minor border changes in Egypt. Both recently joined the EU in the 80's and are very pro-EU thus they follow the E4. Ally of the E4.

Warsaw Alliance - Encompasses Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belguim, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein. Three capitals, Amsterdam, Munich and Warsaw. Named after the fact that the first meeting and decision to leave the EU took place in Warsaw. Countries share similar interest, they thought that they would be better of without the EU countries lagging them behind. Tension between them and Russia over many issues most importantly, Ukraine and Belarus.

Second Kalmar Republic - After the dissolution of the EU the Scandinavians joined togather. Picked the cheezy name. Due to the gained territory in former Russian lands, they have minor tensions with Russia. They own the arctic and are friends of the Warsaw Alliance.

Militarized Russian Empire (M.R.E. for short) - Russia took the opportunity of the dissolution of the EU and the short term weakness of China and America to expand it's territories, some in former EU land.

Armed Estonian rebels - Following the Russian invasion of Estonia, the Estonians rebelled with arms. Constant fighting in the streets of Tallinn. Crime Rate in Estonia highest in developed world. (IE. outside of Africa and other select parts) they seek alliance and Military help from the Warsaw Alliance and Second Kalmar Republic.

Croatia - independent minnow ally of Warsaw Alliance. Has some of former Bosnia.

Serbulgaria - Union of Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and parts of former Bosnia. Fairly neutral, friends of the Warsaw Alliance and E4.

Romania - Moldova and Romania together. Russia has beef with them over Transnistra, which has now became a densely populated hellhole filled with illegal Russians. Trasnistra is walled of from the rest of Romania. Friends of Warsaw Alliance.

Turkey - Forced by the Iranian expansion, had to allow a Free Kurdistan, while being shameful of it, it quelled Iranian dominance in the region. It remained silent as of late. Wasn't part of the EU so no much relations with Europe other than trade. Secretly hates Iran and Russia.

In Africa, South Africa expanded and is now fairly developed. African union controls most states. Somalia and Sudan are now divided. Minor border changes in other parts of Africa. Madagascar is independent, friend of South Africa and controls neighboring islands. For once, things are pretty dandy in Africa.

In Asia things have turned both ugly and good in certein areas.

In Israel, with the demise of America as a power, and forcing the Palestinians into Jordan starting a war, Jerusalem was nuked by Iran. This was followed by Jordanian, Syrian and Iranian invasion. Jews are exterminated in Israel, replaced by Palestinians. The bright blue state you see there is not a Greater Israel, but rather a Greater Palestine.

Iran invaded Iraq, annexed parts of Afghanistan, annexed Azerbaijan, took over parts of Baluchistan and annexed part of Central Asia. Iran asserted itself as a power in the region. Most of the world, following the destruction of Israel, hates Iran.

Armenia took over part of Georgia to gain a seacoast. Only country to repel the Russian expansion. Russia starting to lose troops, decided to end the invasion. Ally of Various European countries.

Kurdistan is now a state. There is a neutral christian Assyria just south of it, also independent following mass protest.

The newly formed Oil Republic formed in the Persian Gulf, world's largest exporter of Oil. Fairly neutral, and has turned to tourism as of late.

Mecca, wanting to turn neutral and entrust the world that Islam is not a religion of war, became independent of Saudi Arabia, and is now neutral, becoming the new Switzerland of the world.

The now, mostly desert, barely coastline republic of Arabia, renounced it's monarch, and has turn into a Republic. Has only a small coastline south of Mecca. It has built a massive solar energy system across it's deserts and now is the world's largest exporter of electricity, supplying most of Europe, Africa and Asia.

Pakistan destroyed itself and is now a couple of states with various parts annexed by India and Iran.

Uzbekistan and Tajikistan has remained fairly neutral after annexing some neighboring territory. They hate Iran, Russia and China, which happen to be their neighbors.

China annexed Taiwan, but lost territory in Tibet and Uighrzystanistansomething. After becoming the World power, is starting to collapse.

India has stayed pretty chilled, and gifted parts of it's poor areas to Bangladesh.

South East Asia formed into the ASEAN union and has become one of the worlds richest places.

North Korea finally collapsed in 2095 after Kim Huang Jong Il Yang the 3rd died before he had any children. North Korea is still a hell hole, even though Korea-Japan has took over part of Pyongyang in a modernizing process. They were surprised to see them still using technology from the 1950's in the 2090's, except with only basic computers.

Australia formed the Oceanic Union. in 2099 New Guinea joined.

Japan-Korea managed to take part of those Russian islands to the north of them.

------------
Well that's it. I made up random stuff as i went along, hope you enjoy! I hope i made it somewhat realistic.

Nice map :) But I don't really understand why India would give such a big part of its territory away (including Kolkata), and especially to Bangladesh.

This was supposed to be posted in time for the Fourth of July, but I never got around to it...

This Großamerika controls the world's largest economies, the majority of the land and population, and also manipulates resources worldwide. So apparent is it's hegemony that Antarctica has been officially claimed and annexed.

Where did S. Korea go?

Nice map :) But I don't really understand why India would give such a big part of its territory away (including Kolkata), and especially to Bangladesh.

Oh that was a little bit random... Don't know why i did it, and i didn't mean to expand it over Kulcutta, should've looked at a map first. I guess i was tired.

@ TheLastOne:

I must say, Greater Germany and Greater America greatly please me! Britain has maintained it's independence it seems... darnit. :(

I can't wait to see what happens to Africa and South America! :evil:

the map of the world at the turn of the 22nd century!

Canada and USA Merged, lower California as well, Mexico had a little break up in the south, with Yucatania and Veracruz-Oaxaca forming states. USA is just a major power, no longer a world power.

Later on around 2050, the Caribbean and Central American unions formed. Main income: Tourism.

South America and Panama and Costa Rica formed a South American Union.
Guyana got annexed by Venezuela and Suriname got partitioned by Venezuela and French Guinea which is now independent and part of the Caribbean union. Tiny Suriname is independent and neutral and has became a hellhole. UK sold Falkland islands to Argentina for a hefty sum.

The EU continued to have new member states, including North African countries. In 2089 the EU disbanded and countries with common interest joined each other.

States are:
United Kingdom - Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Channel Islands, and some colonies. Friend of E4.

E4 - The few countries that wanted to keep the EU together. France, Spain, Portugal and Italy, as well as Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. (Of which are now economically on par with Europe) and Atlantic Islands of Canaries, Azores, Madeiras and Cape Verde. Capital is Lyon. North Africa is now mostly atheist.

Albania - A Minnow state. Follows the E4. Ally of the E4 although if invaded the E4 wouldn't bother protecting it.

Greece - After the dissolution of the EU, Cyprus joined Greece. Important Ally of the E4.

Algeria and Egypt - Minor border changes in Egypt. Both recently joined the EU in the 80's and are very pro-EU thus they follow the E4. Ally of the E4.

Warsaw Alliance - Encompasses Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belguim, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein. Three capitals, Amsterdam, Munich and Warsaw. Named after the fact that the first meeting and decision to leave the EU took place in Warsaw. Countries share similar interest, they thought that they would be better of without the EU countries lagging them behind. Tension between them and Russia over many issues most importantly, Ukraine and Belarus.

Second Kalmar Republic - After the dissolution of the EU the Scandinavians joined togather. Picked the cheezy name. Due to the gained territory in former Russian lands, they have minor tensions with Russia. They own the arctic and are friends of the Warsaw Alliance.

Militarized Russian Empire (M.R.E. for short) - Russia took the opportunity of the dissolution of the EU and the short term weakness of China and America to expand it's territories, some in former EU land.

Armed Estonian rebels - Following the Russian invasion of Estonia, the Estonians rebelled with arms. Constant fighting in the streets of Tallinn. Crime Rate in Estonia highest in developed world. (IE. outside of Africa and other select parts) they seek alliance and Military help from the Warsaw Alliance and Second Kalmar Republic.

Croatia - independent minnow ally of Warsaw Alliance. Has some of former Bosnia.

Serbulgaria - Union of Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and parts of former Bosnia. Fairly neutral, friends of the Warsaw Alliance and E4.

Romania - Moldova and Romania together. Russia has beef with them over Transnistra, which has now became a densely populated hellhole filled with illegal Russians. Trasnistra is walled of from the rest of Romania. Friends of Warsaw Alliance.

Turkey - Forced by the Iranian expansion, had to allow a Free Kurdistan, while being shameful of it, it quelled Iranian dominance in the region. It remained silent as of late. Wasn't part of the EU so no much relations with Europe other than trade. Secretly hates Iran and Russia.

In Africa, South Africa expanded and is now fairly developed. African union controls most states. Somalia and Sudan are now divided. Minor border changes in other parts of Africa. Madagascar is independent, friend of South Africa and controls neighboring islands. For once, things are pretty dandy in Africa.

In Asia things have turned both ugly and good in certein areas.

In Israel, with the demise of America as a power, and forcing the Palestinians into Jordan starting a war, Jerusalem was nuked by Iran. This was followed by Jordanian, Syrian and Iranian invasion. Jews are exterminated in Israel, replaced by Palestinians. The bright blue state you see there is not a Greater Israel, but rather a Greater Palestine.

Iran invaded Iraq, annexed parts of Afghanistan, annexed Azerbaijan, took over parts of Baluchistan and annexed part of Central Asia. Iran asserted itself as a power in the region. Most of the world, following the destruction of Israel, hates Iran.

Armenia took over part of Georgia to gain a seacoast. Only country to repel the Russian expansion. Russia starting to lose troops, decided to end the invasion. Ally of Various European countries.

Kurdistan is now a state. There is a neutral christian Assyria just south of it, also independent following mass protest.

The newly formed Oil Republic formed in the Persian Gulf, world's largest exporter of Oil. Fairly neutral, and has turned to tourism as of late.

Mecca, wanting to turn neutral and entrust the world that Islam is not a religion of war, became independent of Saudi Arabia, and is now neutral, becoming the new Switzerland of the world.

The now, mostly desert, barely coastline republic of Arabia, renounced it's monarch, and has turn into a Republic. Has only a small coastline south of Mecca. It has built a massive solar energy system across it's deserts and now is the world's largest exporter of electricity, supplying most of Europe, Africa and Asia.

Pakistan destroyed itself and is now a couple of states with various parts annexed by India and Iran.

Uzbekistan and Tajikistan has remained fairly neutral after annexing some neighboring territory. They hate Iran, Russia and China, which happen to be their neighbors.

China annexed Taiwan, but lost territory in Tibet and Uighrzystanistansomething. After becoming the World power, is starting to collapse.

India has stayed pretty chilled, and gifted parts of it's poor areas to Bangladesh.

South East Asia formed into the ASEAN union and has become one of the worlds richest places.

North Korea finally collapsed in 2095 after Kim Huang Jong Il Yang the 3rd died before he had any children. North Korea is still a hell hole, even though Korea-Japan has took over part of Pyongyang in a modernizing process. They were surprised to see them still using technology from the 1950's in the 2090's, except with only basic computers.

Australia formed the Oceanic Union. in 2099 New Guinea joined.

Japan-Korea managed to take part of those Russian islands to the north of them.

------------
Well that's it. I made up random stuff as i went along, hope you enjoy! I hope i made it somewhat realistic.

Wow. That's really good. Unlikely, but not impossible. Very cool. Almost novel-worthy :mischief:

Epic work.
I dont think that Koreans would join Japan voluntarily and Russians would never give up Murmansk.

<tanicious fox

it´s not greater germany! >.< :gripe:

Korea and Japan can be independent if they want to. Murmansk was part of the territory that Russia lost after it was defeated in the war of Ukraine that took place earlier in the altered history.

Now if i made mine a story line like TaniciousFox´s, that would be awesome! But i´m lacking certein stuff like the reason the Central European countries in the Warsaw Pact left the EU. :lol: so it´ll have to stay in it´s current way for now.

@ TheLastOne:

You yourself said it was a Germanic empire. :lol:

Economically-speaking, the former Germany inside would likely be the dominant unit in industry and population, the economic/military heart of the Warsaw Alliance. By widening German into Germanic, the Germanic countries would likely dominate, even if the former Warsaw Pact had greatly developed by this time. Half the empire would be Germanic - thus fitting the term Großdeutschland, which can be used to describe all the Germanic peoples being unified as well, like the term "Germania" - and the other half would be divided between the Baltics, Slavics and Hungarians.

This ethnic separation would give Germans and their Germanic cousins dominant control over the union - don't forget the fact that two of the capitals are within Germanic countries, either. ;) On paper, this Alliance is named after Warsaw, but, in practice, it'd probably be just like the USSR... supposedly all groups are equal in power and influence, but in reality, one group dominates. I'd say that if you developed a storyline, it's very likely the Germanic segments of the empire could splinter from the others, as has happened in history where one group dominated a union.

Unless of course this is just an actual alliance rather than any solid union, in which case it isn't a Greater Germany at all, just an alliance where the Germanics have the greatest clout.

:lol: This is too good...

@ Nylan:

The fact I get so into this? I can't help it if Summer leaves me bored and thus I devote my spare time going in depth when it comes to analysing fictional situations. :(

@ Nylan:

The fact I get so into this? I can't help it if Summer leaves me bored and thus I devote my spare time going in depth when it comes to analysing fictional situations. :(

Get a job. :dunno:

Get a job. :dunno:

As a middle class poster who will be attending college in about two months, I say no to that proposal, sir. :p

Spoiler :
... I'd like to enjoy my youth while I can.

Edit: ...Unless if it's something on the computer. :lol:

As a middle class poster who will be attending college in about two months, I say no to that proposal, sir. :p

...that's the best time to get a job, man.

@ TheLastOne:

You yourself said it was a Germanic empire. :lol:

Economically-speaking, the former Germany inside would likely be the dominant unit in industry and population, the economic/military heart of the Warsaw Alliance. By widening German into Germanic, the Germanic countries would likely dominate, even if the former Warsaw Pact had greatly developed by this time. Half the empire would be Germanic - thus fitting the term Großdeutschland, which can be used to describe all the Germanic peoples being unified as well, like the term "Germania" - and the other half would be divided between the Baltics, Slavics and Hungarians.

This ethnic separation would give Germans and their Germanic cousins dominant control over the union - don't forget the fact that two of the capitals are within Germanic countries, either. ;) On paper, this Alliance is named after Warsaw, but, in practice, it'd probably be just like the USSR... supposedly all groups are equal in power and influence, but in reality, one group dominates. I'd say that if you developed a storyline, it's very likely the Germanic segments of the empire could splinter from the others, as has happened in history where one group dominated a union.

Unless of course this is just an actual alliance rather than any solid union, in which case it isn't a Greater Germany at all, just an alliance where the Germanics have the greatest clout.

I said Germanic, not German. You said German, not Germanic. :gripe:

Poland would be economically on par with Germany by then, and production wise it´s a mini germany that aint so mini.

It isn´t Germanic ruled though, it is one unified state, sure the lands of what was formerly the nation called Germany will obviously be the leading partner of the union. National Languages would be German and Polish(maybe dutch? or depending on how dominant the language is at this time, English?). All other languages will only be taught as a 1st/3rd language in the respective regions. No group really dominates, this is Europe, all regions are about equally powerful.

It doesn´t have to be a union, it could also be a close alliance which would instead of having ´Warsaw Alliance´ attack Russia, it would all be Germany, Poland, Czech, Netherlands etc. all attack Russia at the same time. Makes no difference really. Just thought that itd be cool to be united cause the football team would be best in the world!

If Iran nuked Jerusalem, why the hell do they still exist? America would fire their arsenal at them and the country would be glassed within six hours.

And besides, I don't think they'd do that- Allah probably wouldn't approve of nuking a holy city. ;)

The difference between German and Germanic is important. English is a Germanic language, but we aren't all typing in German here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom