Altered Maps IX: Playing Musical Chairs with the Landmasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they just flipped a (3-sided) coin for the happy and sad faces. Most of them make no sense.

Or the 3 Pacific Coast States getting 2 Sad faces and a :| face. I don't see how you could disapprove so highly of them.

I made this awhile ago. Basically how Poland's borders SHOULD look like. (Excluding the former German areas like Szczecin, Neumark, East Lusatia, I wouldn't think they'd be part of Poland should Poland ended up looking like this after WWII, but let's just say they would be for horsehockys n giggles)

Also, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Latvia's new borders are in there.

Yes, I know it says Bydgoszcz where it should say Bialystok. :mad:

All in all, I think my borders are well. It does show how much we got screwed over after the second world war, when we lost Bresc, Lwow, Stanislalow, Grodno and Luck. (As well as Pinsk, Vilnius and Kaunus, which all spoke Polish)

TheLastOne36, the only good think about Poland borders after 2nd WW is that west territory gained was better developed by infrastructure and so on, but yes, Poland lost many land by means of area.

How many spoke Polish? ;)

Also, Kaunas was already part of Lithuania in 1918.

Everyone did, before the Ruskies took them over and invented "Ukrainian" identity, the Lithuanians became ultra-nationalist, and Belarus, I don't know tbh. :crazyeye:

IIRC Kaunas had a large Polish Jewish population at the time.

TheLastOne36, the only good think about Poland borders after 2nd WW is that west territory gained was better developed by infrastructure and so on, but yes, Poland lost many land by means of area.

Yes, including my beloved Silesia. (Well actually I think Katowice would've been Polish anyway, but the rest of Silesia)

Still pretty strange we lost Grodno, Bresc and Lwow though. They were pretty large centers of Polish culture back then. Especially Lwow.

Why would the Russians want to "invent" a Ukrainian identity?

You lost Grodno, Bresc and Lwow because Stalin took them from you, and gave you 1/4 of Germany as compensation. Nothing "strange" about it

Why would the Russians want to "invent" a Ukrainian identity?

You lost Grodno, Bresc and Lwow because Stalin took them from you, and gave you 1/4 of Germany as compensation. Nothing "strange" about it

There was no Ukraine before. There was Galicia, Ruthenia, Cossacks and empty land from former khanates and hordes. Galicia and Ruthenia was at the time like 80% Polish-20% Ruthenian. :p

Depends on what you define as strange. :p

It's clearly not that simple, and, if anything, Russia often fought against the creation of a Ukrainian national identity.

The Ukrainian language is a descendant of the Ruthenian language.

Russia fought for both and against Ukrainian national identity in different time periods.

If anything, Ukraine still doesn't exist today as an ethnicity. All Ukrainians can trace their roots to Russian, Polish, Cossack, Jewish, Tatar, Crimean, Greek, Armenian and Ruthenian roots.

Ukrainian language is not so clearcut as that. It is heavily influenced by it's neighbors.

behold the Celtic Union, the Welsh, Scotts and Irish revolt against England, unite, and forge an empire

I like this timeline.

Its plausibility, realism and sense for historical possibility are its strong-points :mischief:

Spoiler :

Stockholm's public transport without the bus and the boat parts.

The metro (the blue, green and red lines) boasts approximately 100km of tracks, making it the 22nd longest. 303 million boardings every year, making it the 34th most used.

Here is the metro shown geographically:

Spoiler :

And here are all the rail-lines shown geographically (made in google earth by me - I have something of a fetish for the Stockholm Pub. trans. :D):

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Stockholm's public transport without the bus and the boat parts.

The metro (the blue, green and red lines) boasts approximately 100km of tracks, making it the 22nd longest. 303 million boardings every year, making it the 34th most used.

Here is the metro shown geographically:

Spoiler :

And here are all the rail-lines shown geographically (made in google earth by me - I have something of a fetish for the Stockholm Pub. trans. :D):

Spoiler :

I really love the railway maps.

I like this timeline.

Its plausibility, realism and sense for historical possibility are its strong-points :mischief:

The more you drink the more plausible it gets.

I really love the railway maps.

Me too :)

I love how Roslagsbanan Kårsta (gray) just runs off into the distant north, despite it not being as high tech as the commuter rails.

Also:

Spoiler :

Commuter rail, shown geographically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom