Altered Maps VI: Xorda Gene Bombs.. going from Earth to Mobius

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the aftermath of the Nintendine-Segan War(read previous thread's last few posts), Britain emerged victorious. Britain was able to use the powers of chaos control to not only slow down time and reflect enemy projectiles, but also to teleport it's troops from capital to capital. Many fine goombas and koopas died in the one week war.

Britain first declared the hedgehog the national animal, as it had been the force behind the British victory. The Chaos Emeralds were placed in the royal family jewels.

It then annexed all countries it had demolished, and annexed most of the countries that were conveniently nearby. Some countries were lucky enough to become allies, such as Portugal and Serbia. With most of Europe under British rule, critics commented on the irony of the fact that while Britain had been so anti-EU, it had formed it's own EU in practice.

The British(red) soon spread all across the globe, conquering many historical territories and planning to occupy countless more(dark red). Many former allies of the defeated countries were bribed into allying with the British, such as Iraq, and South Korea. The latter was bribed with a subsidy to more or less make Starcraft free for all South Koreans.

Britain rechristened itself the United Empire, as it was far more than some petty kingdom.

The government even announced a new multi-billion dollar project which would genetically engineer a blue, immortal hedgehog ruler to reign over the United Kingdom as the first Emperor of United Empire(at which point, Parliament would be stripped of legislative power and become an advisory body, with all these powers transferred to the Emperor). This was a necessity, as everyone in the royal line of succession - except those who renounced their rights - was arrested for treason after NES games were found on the premises of each individual's home.

Until then, a Regency Council ruled on the behalf of the monarchy.

Such an impressive move did not go without consequences, however. All across the world, alliances formed, the most notable being the Sino-Chinese alliance, which was at first led by the joint ruler of both nations, the illegitimate lovechild of Vladimir Putin and Hu Jintao. Eventually, this alliance expanded, before reforming into a full Confederation engulfing much of Asia. It was commonly called the USSR + China, given it's boundaries. Boris Jintao commented that it now fell to Russia and China to lead the world's democracies...

The Eurasian Confederation announced plans to create it's own hit videogame series, to challenge the powers of the United Empire.

P.S. It's quite simple how the British are able to control so many people. Besides the fact their troops can teleport to any location to crack open a can of whoopass(or is it whooparse?), they have found a way to punish separatists that requires neither executing them or imprisoning them - roboticisation. Robotic laborers toil all across the United Empire, separatists turned loyalists.

...change the title, please.

Does this map take into account the fact that at every moment, it is night in 50% of the world?
"OH MY GOD HE'S RIGHT! How stupid of us to consider usage and weather patterns but not nighttime! Now the total area becomes the size of two Swedens!"

Wait, how is that square the size of Sweden? Sweden is clearly much larger.

I think it's implying that if you put all the squares together it'd be about the size of Sweden, but then again, I find the map a little confusing.

The average map, including that one, is very distorted with respect to area:

And add to that the North-South Stretch also adds to the distortion of its area as a square.

@ everyone else:

While I could go on a rant about how I was pounced by like 3-4 people before in the previous map thread, I won't. Instead, I'll explain my reasoning:

The title has to do with the map of the world being altered(as much as the Basque Empire and Uber-Yugoslavia; the Xorda gene bombs destroyed the human population and set off a chain of events that greatly altered the landscape of the Earth, morphing it into Mobius). Therefore, it's good and I'm keeping it. :) I don't even see why you'd want it changed if it fits the theme.

I wish you all luck on choosing the title of the next thread; I managed to get a single thread name, and that's all I wanted.

Now please, don't bring this up again. I'd rather not have to call the mods for cleanup duty.

Spoiler :

(2030 projections are about the size of Sweden :lol:)

If this is true, yay! There may be hope for humanity yet! Though solar has it's own issues... what if we mixed it with wind?

The average map, including that one, is very distorted with respect to area:

Spoiler :

And add to that the North-South Stretch also adds to the distortion of its area as a square.

Actually a very good thing to remember for all maps. This is why some countries are more threatening they appear, and must be watched closely... you never know when that "tiny country" is actually a huge empire in disguise!

Also. Could a mod please lock the Altered Maps V thread?

Mercator projections can be a bit misleading near the poles.

Yah a rule of thumb is that Greenland from top to bottom is basically the size from Toronto to Florida, while in the Mercator projections it is like from Toronto to the Amazon! :p

Maaannnn, mad props to Africa for being way more hung than I ever thought
The compromise projections already make it clearly huge, it's just that the Peters one uses a horrible but more impressive (sans positive connotations please) way of making it clear.

Moderator Action: The spam, now gone, wasn't even clever (except one); stay on topic please

here's a map of Europe the way GOD intended it to look. Some thing, Some thing Europe the way it should be.png

Hm, could you make a map of AH world where the Mongols never played any significant role (let's say Temujin fell of his horse and crushed his skull before he could unite the tribes, or something along these lines).

That could be interesting.

Wait, how is that square the size of Sweden? Sweden is clearly much larger.

If you look at the map, it says by 2030 we're going to need 496 805 square kilometres of solar panels to power the world. Sweden is 449,964 square kilometres big :p

here's a map of Europe the way GOD intended it to look.View attachment 242427

I see you've divided Sweden into Svealand, Norrland and Götaland...

Seems like if a 5-year-old played with a map and colour pencils.
Believe it or not most of the borders with the exceptions of the Belarusian and Most of the Russian countries are based on historical borders that existed at one time or an other. By the way can anybody find them all?

I see you've divided Sweden into Svealand, Norrland and Götaland...
Three of them have been found so far:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom