Altered Maps XII: Not to Scale

Save_Ferris

Admiring Myself
Welcome to a new installment of maps, for all of you crazy Sporclers out there!

Earlier threads:
Altered Maps (the original!)
Altered Maps 2: Uber-Yugoslavia FTW
Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!
Altered Maps 4: Partitioning Eastern Europe Like In The Good Old Days
Altered Maps V: The Molotov-Threadentropp Pact
Altered Maps VI: Xorda Gene Bombs.. going from Earth to Mobius
Altered Maps VII: Making the World a Better Place
Altered Maps VIII: World borders just got garbage-dayed
Altered Maps IX:: Playing Musical Chairs with the Landmasses
Altered Maps X:Ten Time's a Altered Map
Altered maps XI: Towards a New Decade!

Does anyone still use these? Either way:

Spoiler Maps, maps, maps :

Spoiler Larger version of the above (MUCH LARGER) :

More blank maps HERE or here.

Anyway, I've only made one official map, which shows the population growth rates of cities in Los Angeles county between 2000 and 2010:

Attachments

• la.png
    la.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,518

A map of Metro/Subway systems in the world. There are now also metros in:

-Palma de Mallorca
-Santo Domingo
-Mecca
-Foshan
-Xi'an
-Suzhou
-Kunming

next we might see a napoleon wins map

The cities are so far off my eyes now hurt.

I spent like 5 minutes looking for Chicago, only to realize someone seems to have pushed it to northern Canada in my absence :lol:

calling that tram line in linz that partly goes underground a subway system is a bit of a stretch, really. :p

Yeah, the book that map comes from is all about world metros, especially their maps. The prologue states that '''metro'' has a variety of meanings and it therefore uses a really broad definition of what one is. Glasgow and Liverpool metros, for example, are little more than underground loops connected to mainland train lines.

The cities are so far off my eyes now hurt.

The book also constantly emphasizes the importance of using distorted diagrams to make everything clearer, so that there aren't a series of confusing loops and awkward station placements like in New York.

Yes, yes, the USSR played a larger role in the defeat of Germany, but they were helped by the US. Also the Americans helped defeat Afrika Korps, and put a lot of pressure on the Western Front that would not have been there without them.

Well, lets look at it this way: when you say, the US doesn't join the war, what exactly do you mean? Because much of that aid was happening well before Pearl Harbor and the official joining of the war.

Well, lets look at it this way: when you say, the US doesn't join the war, what exactly do you mean? Because much of that aid was happening well before Pearl Harbor and the official joining of the war.

Pearl Harbor doesn't happen. The US never declares war on Japan. Germany never declares war on the US. (Roosevelt might have to loose the 1940 elections in order for aid to not be sent to the USSR).

Pearl Harbor doesn't happen. The US never declares war on Japan. Germany never declares war on the US. (Roosevelt might have to loose the 1940 elections in order for aid to not be sent to the USSR).

Great. None of those things preclude massive amounts of US aid to the Allies.

Top Bottom