Alternate Colonization?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by alcott2, Aug 6, 2012.

1. alcott2

alcott2 Chieftain

Since I've always been a fan of alternate histories, it would be interesting to see a Colonization mod with a different bent and different "powers." One of my favorite alternate histories would be the Byzantine Empire not falling and what one of the end results of that would be, and I think having them as well as a rival Holy Roman Empire in the game would be a cool thing to see, as well as the conventional powers of England and Spain as well of course.

Just a starting point! If anyone has any suggestions or wants to expound upon it, please feel free.

2. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

Try Medieval Conquests or The Spread of Imperialism - these offer a new timeline, different civ's and a whole new theme while keeping the heart of the game.

Colonization 2071 takes alterniverses even further with a future where human colonists find collapsed alien civilizations and get caught up in their conflict with the progenitors. Worldwide Colonization (AOD2) is a very fun mod to play, a mod-scenario in the mods and files that has a whole earth map with placed king cities. Slavery, The East Indies and Port Royal is another fun mod to play.

If you have any questions, post in the appropriate thread - the modders of Colonization are not as big in number as BTS, but we have passion.