Alternate Terrains (Earth/Land)

A big Fat NO.:mad: No offense but i dont like them at all, no high definition for high graphic computers.

Aw. Because it would be a major pain to manually install those for every SVN upgrade, and those terrains look far better IMO. It's your mod though and a matter of taste.

Aw. Because it would be a major pain to manually install those for every SVN upgrade, and those terrains look far better IMO. It's your mod though and a matter of taste.

Not really its really simple, do the same thing i do for UserDefaults, have a separate folder on your desktop and just copy/paste, no need for schema's, just the regular files itself, should be really easy.

I dont want to be offensive here, but i LIKE high detailed graphics is all.

DH and myself have already, talked about this over 6 months ago.

pic for DH.

Woah, those look much better than what we have currently. Should we include those by default?

Hydro has problems with them mostly because of the too slight differentation between some of the terrains eg dunes and desert.

A big Fat NO.:mad: No offense but i dont like them at all, no high definition for high graphic computers. IMHO

Well, they are high definition on my new high graphics card.

I have to be very careful when I syncronise to exclude those files.

A big Fat NO.:mad: No offense but i dont like them at all, no high definition for high graphic computers. IMHO

Yeah, I have to agree. There was a reason why this was made as a modmod and not as the default. Not to metion a bunch of them look almost the same as each other such as the desert/dunes and the barren/scrub.

DH and myself have already, talked about this over 6 months ago.

Yeah. its too bad DH says that the current graphics make him physically ill, but at least this mod can solve that issue. I personally think the Dune War terrains look WAY better and actually have enough contrast in colors to terrain terrain type apart.

It will be interesting to see what the new GeoRealisim terrain looks like with our terrain and/or this terrain.

Yeah, I have to agree. There was a reason why this was made as a modmod and not as the default. Not to metion a bunch of them look almost the same as each other such as the desert/dunes and the barren/scrub.

Yeah. its too bad DH says that the current graphics make him physically ill, but at least this mod can solve that issue. I personally think the Dune War terrains look WAY better and actually have enough contrast in colors to terrain terrain type apart.

It will be interesting to see what the new GeoRealisim terrain looks like with our terrain and/or this terrain.

Well, you might be disappointed by primem0ver's new terrains, they look much more like the Alternate terrains than the current ones (which by the way I like). Pic attached, it was originally in the GeoRealism thread.

Attachments

• Terrainmod.jpg
    Terrainmod.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 226

Here are some screens of DH's terrain with all graphics settings on high, anti-aliasing at 2x, and High Detail Terrain. As you can see, they have quite good detail IMO and blend fine. I don't really see what the complaints are.:confused:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 189
The desert, plains, scrubs, barren etc, just look too me (IMHO) weird. Besides i kow what they look like, i even had my anti-aliasing set at 16, see i am the opposite of DH, these make me kind of stomach weary.

I think we should at some point make an installer for C2C that allows you to select those basic options.

I think we should at some point make an installer for C2C that allows you to select those basic options.
oooo... good idea! That'd make releases a bit nicer to up and download too.

Well, you might be disappointed by primem0ver's new terrains, they look much more like the Alternate terrains than the current ones (which by the way I like). Pic attached, it was originally in the GeoRealism thread.

I posted that image. Those were the terrain from the "Terrain Mod" (not the GeoRealism Mod). However he said he might add some of the terrains textures from it for his NEW terrains. Not replacing the existing ones we have.

Yeah, if they are using the same old terrains all you would have to do is do what you have here. Unless the new terrain from the terrain mod make you sick. However those terrains look more like the alt-terrains than the new terrains.

And wouldn't that be a good reason to use the alt-terrains, if we are going to be adding those?

And wouldn't that be a good reason to use the alt-terrains, if we are going to be adding those?

I don't think so. Our current terrains have a fairly high contrast and this is in large part due to the drastic differences in their appearances. I think with the new ones in play, you'll see smoother transitions between them and it should actually play out quite nicely. But such judgements should be made once they're in play rather than subjectively now I think.

Top Bottom