1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate Traits (Warlords only)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Dryhad, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

This is really more of an exercise in modding the traits than it is a serious mod. What I've done is change the effects of all 11 traits (but with a few exceptions, I've left the production modifiers the same). Some changes I really like (like Spiritual. That effect never made sense to me) but some are probably bad moves (word of advice to potential trait modders: Creative exists for a reason). Anyway, here's a list of what each trait does:

Philosophical: +2 Research in each city
    Aggressive: -50% experience required, +50% Great General emergence
    Spiritual: +1 happiness, +1 happiness from monastery
    Expansive: Double production speed of Settler [I removed the production bonus for Workers, FTR]
    Industrious: +1 hammer on plots with 2 or more hammers
    Creative: +50% Wonder production [Don't do what Dryhad Don't does :)]
    Financial: +50% Wealth
    Organised: No Anarchy [This effect also exists for a reason, but I think it makes more sense here]
    Charismatic: -50% civic upkeep [Although the happiness bonus for Monuments and Broadcast Towers is removed, I added production boni for both as this trait had no such production boni]
    Protective: +100% domestic great general emergance
    Imperialistic: Free Combat 1 promotion to Melee and Mounted units

So, yeah, enjoy.

Attached Files: