Alternative City-State Colors

Alternative City-State Colors 1.2

Hmm it looks good but is it really practical if I may ask? I mean the original color coding is meant for easy association to the city state type after all. I guess the 1/3/6 envoy icons are still unique in geometry too but still

Well... most of my changes are within those "easy associations" on purpose. Practical and immersive.

If you notice, Geneva, Stockholm, Palenque and Seoul are all blue shades. Blue means science.
Same goes with Culture states, all shades purple to pink.
Trade states? Shades of yellow.
Militaristic? Shades of red.
Industrial? You get the idea.

(The only deviation, I selected one from each type (except culture) to be a green shade.
Industrial - Buenos Aires, Militaristic - Carthage, Trade - Jakarta, Science - Hattusa.
And it's not a discernible issue at all, imo. It's only 4 out of 30 city states :p )

I could never go back to the vanilla color scheme, it's bleh and lazy ^.^

Last edited:
--Coming Soon--

Expanding the scope of the mod:

Added 15 new City-States, filling out Giant Earth TSL gaps. North America and Asia are less of a desolate land-grab.

New City-States: Brunei, Ryukyu Kingdom(Okinawa), Knossos, Venice, Reykjavik, Samarkand, Sevastopol, Tibet, 'Cherokee', Cuba, Texas, Los Angeles, Wu Kingdom, Shu Kingdom, and Wei Kingdom.

Working on a few more to fill Africa, South America, something for West Australia, and something for the region between North India - Southeast asia.

Adding an entirely new City-State type that will have the same color for all (like religious city states), and introduce a few unique properties.

Top Bottom