1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Alternative City State Music

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by japanesesamurai, Mar 27, 2019.

1. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Warlord

Hi

This is no mod, but instead a small collection of manipulated melodies and sound effects as an alternative to most of the City States music files. I tried to fit the CIV5 theme a bit and made them short and interesting.
    They are a bit darker themed than the originals.
    I made these for personal use, because I get nervous listening to the original MIDI programmed computer tunes.

Some City States music files can't be changed however, as they are hard coded somewhere unreachable (Brussels, Hanoi, Belgrade, etc). So these are unchanged.

I did not make 60 completely different files. Some are very similar, some are copied a few times, meaning two or three city states might share the same file

To install the alternative city states music:

1/ Go to:
    \Assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\Minor Civs
    2/ Backup this folder "Minor Civs" *
    3/ Extract "MinorCivsExp1.zip" into folder: "Minor Civs"

Repeat for DLC2:
    1/ Go to
    \Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Sounds\Minor Civs
    2/ Backup this folder "Minor Civs" *
    3/ Extract "MinorCivsExp2.zip" into folder: "Minor Civs"

* Alternatively, you can rename this folder to "Minor Civs (Backup)" and leave it in place. Then add a new folder and name it "Minor Civs" into which you extract the new MP3's

Tracks were rendered to WAV and converted to MP3 256 kbps. They are about the same size as the originals, so loading times are the same.
    I did some testing on a small map with 20+ city states and loading times are normal. Nothing unusual.
    You might want to empty your user cache.

Download:
    I don't know where to upload stuff, but I tried a commercial site (feel free to host the zip file on a better ad-free site):
    https://ufile.io/edqoc

Cheers and happy gaming

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Tekamthi likes this.