1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative Civilization Colours 1.2

Changes the colours of most Civilization 6 civilizations.

1. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Deliverator submitted a new resource:

Alternative Civilization Colours - Changes the colours of most civilizations.

Read more about this resource...

dylansan and notque like this.
  2. Elucidus

Elucidus King

You know I thought this was in the DebugConfiguration Database, but it doesn't look like it is.

3. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

A nice mod to play with your preferred Color. I like the Poland Color but Poland's Color value was not indicated. Able to add Poland Color value. Thanks

4. Deliverator

Glad you are enjoying the new colors. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Poland's Color value was not indicated. Able to add Poland Color value."?

5. qadams

qadams Bohemian

I like this mod very much. The colors you chose are nearly all a big improvement over Civ 6 Vanilla.

My only minor complaint is that it's hard to tell England/Victoria and Greece/Gorgo apart, as in this screenshot:

The swordsman on the bottom is English, the one in the center is Greek, but they appear almost identical.

6. Deliverator

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I've tried out this bright red on dark red combo for Sparta. What do you think?

sparta_redonred.jpg

7. Deliverator

8. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

Thanks for that mate, I always play as England and it is a bit confusing at times.

9. qadams

qadams Bohemian

Yeah, that's better. Thanks for the quick response!

10. Ardeus

Ardeus Chieftain

Hi! Really great mod, but I was wondering why can't you change the colors in the pick-a-civ menu? I saw a mod that changed the symbols of the civs and he managed to change it all the way through
    btw, will you update stuff for Persia and Macedon?

11. Deliverator

Those icons have the colors "baked in" in that they are present in the actually icon image not generated dynamically. I basically lack the 2D skills to a great job with this and have many other things to focus on modding-wise.

12. Ardeus

Ardeus Chieftain

Perhaps you'll find someone who can? It just bothers me on the OCD level lol
    Also in the mod description you have the civs icons so you can use them

13. plus

plus Warlord

am i the only one the colors dont change to after the latest macedonia update..?
    it shows your colors on the main leaders chooser, but in game it doesnt..aztecs still looks ugly with their blue colours..
    any update that i missed?

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@plus The way the color entries are done has changed. You'll need to convert the decimal RGB channels to integer RGBA channels by multiplying by 255, adding the alpha channel (in this case it's always 255-opaque), and then changing the entries (Kongo as an example):

From
    Code:
    UPDATE Colors SET Red = 0, Green = 0.2667, Blue = 0.2196 WHERE Type = 'COLOR_PLAYER_KONGO_PRIMARY';
    UPDATE Colors SET Red = 1.0000, Green = 0.3176, Blue = 0.0745 WHERE Type = 'COLOR_PLAYER_KONGO_SECONDARY';

To
    Code:
    UPDATE Colors SET Color = '0, 68, 56, 255' WHERE Type = 'COLOR_PLAYER_KONGO_PRIMARY';
    UPDATE Colors SET Color = '255, 81, 19, 255' WHERE Type = 'COLOR_PLAYER_KONGO_SECONDARY';
    I can post an updated SQL that I did if it's OK with @Deliverator .

15. Deliverator

@Laurana Kanan If you have the updated SQL that would be great! It will save me the trouble of updating it myself.

16. Deliverator

17. dylansan

dylansan Warlord

Hey, just thought I'd pop in and say I'm flattered that you took inspiration from my mod.

I haven't gotten around to purchasing Civ 6 yet, so I had been wondering if someone would take up the slack or if people would be waiting for some kind of color update. I wasn't even sure if the Civ 6 colors were in need of changing, but it seems like you've improved them, so I'm happy with that.

I'll be sure to give this a try once I do make the purchase. :)