Alternative Diplomacy Mod a.k.a. No More Peace After Forwardsettling

josh4

Warlord
I made a tiny mod that should fix overly permissive AI for the player, as well as for the AIs between themselves. In my testing there's a large increase in warfare from classical already, usually two or three wars among AIs alone before medieval. Tradition AIs attack if they get upper hand, border disputes are a guarantee of conflicts. It should indirectly somewhat help alleviate the problem of stagnating authority AIs. Altogether, it creates a more dynamic and harsher environment, especially if you start by a warmonger, but not only, other policies AI will still attack, given they have enough reasons.

The mod does two things:
  • Slightly decreases a chance that the player or any AI will get a DoF from AI players.
  • This should remove situations in which no one attack no one on the same continent cause they are just a bunch of friends for 200 turns.
  • It also slightly increases a chance the AI will be neutral, deceptive, hostile, or adopt the war approach and attack the player or any AI.
  • It leaves all other diplomacy, world congress, and AI choices intact, I just wanted a fancy name cause I'm a jerk.
  • The mod works by giving a very slight positive flat modifier to AI war and non-friendly approaches, while a slight negative modifier to a friendly approach.
  • Then the mod adds a slight percentage modifier to all modifiers an AI already has towards the player and other AIs, which is much bigger contribution.
  • It means conflicts will be natural, as its boost probability of war in cases the AI already has a lot of negative modifiers towards the player or other AI.
  • It's not an always war challenge. Friendships still will be made, war will be declared when it realistically should be.
Installation:
  • Drop the (1) Community Patch folder into your Mods folder, say yes to overwrite.
  • Feedback would be amazing and help tweak this mod to right values.
  • It is and will be compatible with any VP version. Moderator Action: Not compatible with VP 3.0 and later. - Recursive

Attachments

• Alternative Diplomacy Mod.7z
    2.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see people making use of the approach control knobs I added. If you find (and can show that) the game plays considerably better with some tweaks to the values, I can make some tweaks to existing modifiers. :)

Good to see people making use of the approach control knobs I added. If you find (and can show that) the game plays considerably better with some tweaks to the values, I can make some tweaks to existing modifiers. :)
i just noticed these recently, nice to see!

iirc a long time ago we discussed doing similar for warscore... if not, i meant to bring it up. I didn't see the lua apparatus for it on recent scan through git api, is it feasible? or did i just miss it?

Is this still not compatible with newer versions (e.g. 3.9.1)? @Recursive (sorry for pinging you, just asking due to your earlier comment in OP: Moderator Action: Not compatible with VP 3.0 and later. - Recursive)
Yes.

Top Bottom