Alternative Leaders in BNW?

So I've been thinking...

In many of the other scenarios so far, the leaders are often "substituted". e.g. in the Mongol scenario, Ramky is in it to represent a Northern-China civ. Doing so really doesn't matter too much IMO, because few people actually know what they were in history. The same applies to the Into the Renaissance scenario.

But now with the US Civil War scenario, I wonder how the leaders will be done. It feels to me that putting "George Washington" for the Union side will probably be a bad idea (because it would be grossly inaccurate and everyone knows it).

Perhaps what will happen is that they will make an animated Lincoln for the scenario; then America will have two potential leaders to play against.

no thanks I want 1 leader for each different civ. More is nice but later. :)

So I've been thinking...

In many of the other scenarios so far, the leaders are often "substituted". e.g. in the Mongol scenario, Ramky is in it to represent a Northern-China civ. Doing so really doesn't matter too much IMO, because few people actually know what they were in history. The same applies to the Into the Renaissance scenario.

But now with the US Civil War scenario, I wonder how the leaders will be done. It feels to me that putting "George Washington" for the Union side will probably be a bad idea (because it would be grossly inaccurate and everyone knows it).

Perhaps what will happen is that they will make an animated Lincoln for the scenario; then America will have two potential leaders to play against.
Not a chance, we're gonna get a painting of Lincoln and a painting of Lee.
Source: I'm Sid Meier

did they use paintings in the steampunk scenario(i haven't played in awhile)? because that's probably a good predictor of what they'll do for the civil war one.

did they use paintings in the steampunk scenario(i haven't played in awhile)? because that's probably a good predictor of what they'll do for the civil war one.

Yes, they certainly did

The ACW scenario is one of the few they could actually use photos for the leader screens.

Top Bottom