Alternatives to cable.

onejayhawk

Afflicted with reason
I am getting past fed up with our satellite service. If we drop it, get an HD antenna for local programming, what are the options for cable programming? Off the top of my head there is HULU and Netflix using an Amazon Fire, Roku or Apple TV. What would we get and how much would it cost? What other options are there?

J

We are starting with Sling on Amizon Fire stick, because we already have Amizon Prime. The dish company is giving us a free month while we try it out. It seems a lot of people have tried and come back. I plan on at least a six month trial. If we go back to dish it will be with new equipment and intro pricing. I doubt we do. We can get my sports and my wife's domestic violence for $25 a month. We were paying $85 for dish service, with no movie channels.

J

What shows do you want to watch? Pick streaming services that offer what you want. You can get an HBO account without needing a cable package now.

That's about it, really. Beyond their inventories the various services are more or less the same. As soon as the godawful baseball blackout regulations are fixed I can finally cut the cable for good.

What shows do you want to watch? Pick streaming services that offer what you want. You can get an HBO account without needing a cable package now.

That's about it, really. Beyond their inventories the various services are more or less the same. As soon as the godawful baseball blackout regulations are fixed I can finally cut the cable for good.

God Canada somehow manages to be even worse than America on this. We literally can not get Amazon shows without a cable subscription.

Top Bottom