Always crashes after ~30 turns ingame as an Emergent...

Crion87

Chieftain
Hey,

I've been playing this mod (1.3) for a while and whenever I play as an Emergent Leader it always crashes after a certain amount of turns. This does not happen when I play as a Major Leader.

I installed the mod as instructed bearing in mind that my mod file is in D:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and NOT C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Is there something faulty with where I installed Beyond the Sword, or is it something else?

hmm, seems like there's some error when emergent leader tries to adopt new trait ...

If you could, go into your ini file and turn on python exceptions. Then try another game, and when you get the crash you should have a popup message first; Let me know what it says. ;)

I'm sorry, but I have no idea which .ini file you're talking about. I'm kind of a n00b as to this type of tech support :(

Can you tell me the name of the .ini file you are talking about? It'll make my job easier. Thanks for your patience :)

the launcher way)

Start rife launcher
click on "Edit ini file" button
uncheck "Toggle HidyPythonExceptions"
find "HidePythonExceptions" in list box (ignore the check box in lower part of form - it's not working) and change the value to 0
click on "Save all changes"

-- OR --

the old way)

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
change "HidePythonExceptions = 1" to "HidePythonExceptions = 0"

Top Bottom