Always War (always)

Kesshi

Emperor
Hello everyone!

I know there's an "Always War" option in the custom game setting, but that only makes it so that the computers are always at war with the humans. I would like to know if there is a way to make it so that every Civ is always at war with eachother.

Just so you know, I'd like to do this for the Earth 34 Civs mod. I'd love to see who would come out on top of a bloody 6000 year world war between 34 nations! :ar15:

At the moment, America under George Bush (Aggressive, Imperialistic). Britain took an early shower when they got rid of Tony Blair (Arrogant, Complacent) and brought in Gordon Brown (Incompetent, Disorganised). Perhaps under Barack Obama (Charismatic, Complacent) and David Cameron (Creative, Complacent) the world might improve. But so long as Robert Mugabe (Psychotic, Arrogant) exists things might continue for another few millennia.

Oh, sorry, you meant in Civ 4. My bad.

What goes for the humans is usually what goes for the AI. Not only your civ is at war with them, but they are at war with each other.

Enable always war or peace then in world builder under diplomacy change all the peaces to war.

What goes for the humans is usually what goes for the AI. Not only your civ is at war with them, but they are at war with each other.

Crowqueen,

You are correct that what goes for the humans is usually what goes for the AI. Unfortunately, that is not the case here:

Spoiler :

Enable always war or peace then in world builder under diplomacy change all the peaces to war.

CivDude86,

The problem with this is twofold. First, I have 33 other civs that need to declare war on each other. That's 33 * 32, or 1056 declerations of war I need to set myself. And if THAT wasn't enough, I'd need to set "has meet" for each of those civilizations, too.

I take bigger issue with the second one, for that changes gameplay. Having met other civs grants you a research bonus (albeit small) to technologies that they already know. With 33 other civilizations lurking about, that small bonus will be greatly amplified if you meet enough people. Also, having met (and declared war on) many other civs changes the computer's gamplay, again. They're going to react differently if they're at war with 3 civs compared to being at war with 33 civs.

Top Bottom