am i bugged?

madmenno

Warlord
hi, i just started playing g minor 49. and at war with cyrus. besides he's kicking my butt from a forest with 5 units inc 2 cata's next to a city with 10 axemans and 4 archers. I thought he made a mistake by sending 2 cata's undefended on a plain. so i attacked it with axemans, 5 of my axemans have died without doing damage to the catapults.... are catapults this hard to beat on emperor? or did he just get lucky? cant sent anymore to it or my city will be captured in a view turns.... kinda sux :D

I always find that catapults buck the statistics quoted on the display. I lose so often to catapults on an 80%+ probability that it's just not funny - but only when I attack them outside a city. When I attack them inside a city, they die in a predictable fashion.

well, weird... try it in a forest and you win as well. they seem unbeatable when the terrain has no def bonus. fixed in the new patch maybe?

I'm not convinced it's actually a bug although I suppose it might be. I've tended to assume that either a) I am genuinely just unlucky quite often, esp with cats or b) in fact, the probability pans out correctly over a number of battles and I just remember the ones where I lost unexpectedly, especially when it was critical that I won :)

Generally speaking, I don't do well in conquest games on the probability thing - it's a regular feature for me to lose 4 or more battles in a row where my chances of winning each one should be 3 out of 4 or better. One thing that has cheered me up is that I seem to do *much* better with praetorians (I've played a couple of games with them recently) even to the point where I think I'm actually averaging better results than the probability would indicate, when taken across a number of battles.

I suspect the game actually works correctly & it's just an emotional thing <wry grin>

Top Bottom