Am I missing any DLC now?

StormEye

Chieftain
I just bought the DLCs that were missing from my collection, and just wondering if I have missed any.

Are the Genghis Khan and the Spain / Inca packs worth getting? The three civs are now included with vanilla + g&k, so surely you're just getting scenarios from them now?

OK I may have to get some of these while they're on offer.

Steam sure knows how to part me from my money.

Are the Genghis Khan and the Spain / Inca packs worth getting? The three civs are now included with vanilla + g&k, so surely you're just getting scenarios from them now?

genghis is free no matter what.

Unfortunately, the spain ripoff remains - if you buy G+K you already get spain but you get no discount on spain + inca, so you pay full price for something you already have half of.

Is the Mesopotamia map pack included somewhere? I just bought the combined cradle of civilization DLC because it's on flash-sale, (£1.11), and it told me at checkout that I already own Mesopotamia. I've never bought any Civ DLC before, so I'm wondering if that's free as well?

Is the Mesopotamia map pack included somewhere? I just bought the combined cradle of civilization DLC because it's on flash-sale, (£1.11), and it told me at checkout that I already own Mesopotamia. I've never bought any Civ DLC before, so I'm wondering if that's free as well?

If you bought the original deluxe version of CIV V, you got Babylon as a bonus civ and a random map of the 4 maps in the cradle of civ map pack. Maybe you got that pack when you first bought the game?

Nope. I did preorder it on Steam though. Maybe I got it for that?

It can't be worth a lot if I've had it all this time and never noticed! :D

Oh right, it might be from the preorder. I got the Mesopotamia map myself, and I also preordered.

The Inca is worth getting (one of my favorite civs), even though it's kinda unfortunate they are making you partially pay for Spain twice.

Well, it's not technically making you pay for it twice because Spain almost certainly doesn't affect the price of G&K. However, it is making you pay twice as much for the Inca + Scenario since Spain is free at that point. The Inca are fun, though, and it's not like it'll break the bank to pay the $7.50.

That one DLC pack is $7.50!? I take it you mean all the DLC combined? Otherwise that is a bit of a rip-off.

Correct me if I'm wrong (since € prices usually are directly ported over from $ prices), but the Spain + Inca DLC is 5$ (at least in standard pricing).

The only DLC that isn't worth the price is, in my opinion, Babylon (since it is just the civ and comes without any additional content, like the deluxe version of Civ 5 does - that has Babylon, soundtrack and Making Of videos).
Cradle of Civilization maps too are very arguable in my opinion, and so is the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.

That one DLC pack is $7.50!? I take it you mean all the DLC combined? Otherwise that is a bit of a rip-off.

They usually do it so one DLC is 5, 2 DLC is 7.50 unless I'm badly misremembering the price. IIRC, Spain and Inca were 7.50. So yes, you are paying 2.50 more since you aren't benefiting by getting Spain. But that's why I said "won't break the bank" as opposed to "a good deal."

I don't think the Cradle of Civilization maps are all that exciting, but I like the Wonders of the Ancient World. It's worth it just to get that in the combo with Korea.

Oh, right, the new wonders actually are pretty cool. I guess it's worth it for the wonders. The scenario is pretty meh, though. But you know, opnions. :3

The only DLC that isn't worth the price is, in my opinion, Babylon

It was worth the 74p I paid for it, (cheaper than a cup of tea from the bus station).

They usually do it so one DLC is 5, 2 DLC is 7.50 unless I'm badly misremembering the price. IIRC, Spain and Inca were 7.50. So yes, you are paying 2.50 more since you aren't benefiting by getting Spain. But that's why I said "won't break the bank" as opposed to "a good deal."

You're talking about the pre-sale price, right?

Even outside of the flash / daily deal, they're all on 50% off which I would consider a much more realistic price point, (£2.24 - $3.50).

I guess when I think of dollars, I'm not accurately thinking about how that relates to pounds so I end up thinking things are more expensive than they are. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom