[Vanilla] Am I missing something about cultural victory?

brazilnut0

Chieftain
Trying a cultural victory on standard version of Civ6 as France. As I understand it, once I have more visiting tourists than any other civ has domestic tourists, I win. However, that doesn't seem to have happened for me. I have a visiting tourist ratio of 124/90 according to the Culture Victory panel, but I still haven't won? Is there some other prerequisite to winning a cultural victory? Thanks!

Could you send a screenshot of the culture victory screen?

Sure. I played a little bit further since posting (now 140/97), but the basic question remains the same:

upload_2022-7-5_20-32-15.png

Definitely looks like a bug. I've never seen the culture bar like that. Maybe something to do with mods?

My immediate thought was that you have to complete the turn once it registers as you having enough visiting tourists. So, it'll come up showing that you have enough, then you have to end your turn to win. That doesn't seem to be the case here, since you've carried on playing. If CV were disabled, you shouldn't be able to see that screen, so it is enabled.

All I can say is that it's bugged. Like BL asked, any mods? In my experience, they're the number one cause for things like these. Otherwise...fresh install? Have you tried loading a save from before you got met the victory conditions and tried a second time to prompt it?

Hmm, I guess it's good to know it's likely a bug and not that I missed something gameplay-wise. I don't have any unofficial mods. The only thing I can think is I just purchased the 2 expansions, taking advantage of the sale in Steam. Maybe the mid-game update somehow broke something?
I guess I can see if I have a save from before I met the VC and try again on a machine I don't let Steam install the mods...

Top Bottom