1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the Only One Who has Never Posted a Completed Modpack or Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Pounder, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Sorry to be OT, but where can I find a tutorial for that? I've looked all over & can't find one.

2. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

I always find myself distracted by real-life things. Although I make buildings for Civ3 (and release them at odd intervals rather than regularly), most of what I do for the game is purely in the domain of graphics. Of course, I do have a mod in the works, but I also have nick's problem of a short attention span. ;)

3. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

@ Balthasar: PM me if you have any questions.

@Topic

After all these modding years, I always find it fascinating how people can still play the original game. Every time I see screenshots of the old, limited Vanilla, I'm like

I think I never want to go back to these puny 120 units, non-working armies and non-existent naval operations. ;)

4. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

He he...makes me wonder what Vanilla would look like if we all modded a version of it together..
    The Cherry Vanilla Mod...

5. Mithadan

Mithadan Wandering Woodsman

You mean, like a modded Vanilla with non-puny 120 units, working Armies and actual naval engagements? That's a great idea!

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

This, I fully agree with, and is one of the main reasons why I never uploaded any scenarios, even though I used to play some of my own devising here.

The other reason is that my old comp broke (read: power spike) soon after I got into uni and redoing all that had been done became unfeasible. Now I'm old enough to have to get a job!

Don't be ashamed of not uploading stuff, Pounder!

Now, we should do a mod by people who've never uploaded one.

7. Kitomakazu

Kitomakazu Chieftain

Er... for the old times' sake? :shifty: If anything, it can become a novel experience all over again to me just to play one game in it after years of playing scenarios. That's me though...

8. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

...and much better looking graphics..

9. Quinzy

Quinzy Chieftain

I've started a few projects. The limits of the game made me drop them however.
    When Jimmy releases IndieCiv then I'll start them back up again.

10. eazyhasaids

eazyhasaids Chieftain

Everything I've started i planned on releasing. Just a matter of when i finish them.

11. timerover51

timerover51 Chieftain

I have posted a couple of minimal mods, without adding any additional units, just changing combat values and adding a few resources, plus making resources more valuable in terms of production increases. Never have really gotten the hang of adding units or buildings.

12. Mithadan

Mithadan Wandering Woodsman

Word!