Am I The Only One Who Hates the Redesign?

Plenty of patch discussions in Civ6 General Discussions forums. Main site comment should not be used as activity metric especially right now there is no integration between main site and forums (meaning to post commment on main site, separate account is needed).

That said, I probably should just disable comments on main site for now...

Last edited:
That's a shame - I've always gauged popular forum threads by comments on the main page, and it leads people into the proper discussion topic straight away.

At least a link from the news post to the forum thread would be a step in the right direction if the two can't be integrated.

Otherwise, yeah, disable the main page comments entirely. :)

The main reason for the upgrade was because the old forum software was simply too outdated and had security vulnerabilities. It was stuck in the past.

It was critical for us to move to a new and up to date forum software, in order to move the site forward. Lack of advanced notice was precisely due to the security vulnerabilities that were present in the old software.

For the main site, work is still in progress to link back all the articles in proper hierarchy and structure like we had before. It's a manual process. Within the next couple weeks we should have all articles properly linked.

Thunderfall I was going to post a message tell you how great this upgrade is and it is the best software I have ever seen. However, I see you are busy defending the fantastic decision to dump Vbulletin. The features that this software has over the old one is night and day. It is faster, looks better, smoother, runs the site like it was made for this large beast. I never ran a site as large as yours but I certainly have seen and used all the software out there. This is the best you can get no competition and there shouldn't be one single complaint either.

You guys complaining come on, give him credit for this upgrade it is bad ass. I miss the darker themes but am I saying it looks like crap. The effort Thunderfall puts into this website over the years is unreal. He has provided us all the best place for our favorite series Civilization and I am dismayed seeing any complaints or rants against his work. You should all appreciate everything he does I don't mean kiss his royal backside either but give the man a break. :cool:

I would do literally anything to help the guy out due to the privilege of being a member here. :smug::thumbsup:

Thunderfall I was going to post a message tell you how great this upgrade is and it is the best software I have ever seen. However, I see you are busy defending the fantastic decision to dump Vbulletin. The features that this software has over the old one is night and day. It is faster, looks better, smoother, runs the site like it was made for this large beast. I never ran a site as large as yours but I certainly have seen and used all the software out there. This is the best you can get no competition and there shouldn't be one single complaint either.
Hmm. Search issues, member list issues. The smileys are poorly organized (vertical tables are much easier to use than horizontal ones when it comes to smileys). We can't download threads or PMs, there's no BCC feature for private messages, Comic Sans is missing from the available fonts, I miss being able to tell who's visited my profile, and all the social groups vanished. That's YEARS' worth of conversations gone. There's double the amount of loading new pages in long threads because the default is 20/page and apparently no way to change that.

If we'd had a bit of advance notice this was going to happen, we could have saved at least some of the social group content. Some of what I mentioned above is a XenForo issue, but the disappearance of some of the social group content really does seem like a slap in the face.

You guys complaining come on, give him credit for this upgrade it is bad ass. I miss the darker themes but am I saying it looks like crap. The effort Thunderfall puts into this website over the years is unreal. He has provided us all the best place for our favorite series Civilization and I am dismayed seeing any complaints or rants against his work. You should all appreciate everything he does I don't mean kiss his royal backside either but give the man a break. :cool:

I would do literally anything to help the guy out due to the privilege of being a member here. :smug::thumbsup:
Apparently premium memberships are available.

Top Bottom