Am I the only ones who plays without any city states?

Most overrated feature = city states

They are so linear and boring I don't see what the fuss is about. Especially since they were put in the game as a replacement for a working diplomacy system where you can have real allies and friendships. Too many boys are easily impressed by shiny new toys it seems :(

I haven't disabled them altogether yet, but I usually decrease the default number. CS are such a wasted opportunity. They should be more like minor civs, who trade and interact like other civs instead of this silly bribery system. Occationally they should expand/conquer new lands if it suits their flavor/needs. There are so many things they could have done with CS.

No CS can be entertaining, the AI does seem to be "better" with out them. Not spending their gold on CS they build units and buildings more.

Opinion. They are annoying to me.
What's wrong with annoyance? Big civs are annoying also, but would you like to play without them if it was possible?
I wonder if CS are unwelcomed by exactly same people who never played RFC or disliked it.

Perhaps, I am just proud that developers took idea from my favorite mod...
CS are such a wasted opportunity. They should be more like minor civs, who trade and interact like other civs instead of this silly bribery system. Occationally they should expand/conquer new lands if it suits their flavor/needs. There are so many things they could have done with CS.
The fact is that they are better than in previous implementation (where you couldn't interact with them at all).
Not ideal, of course.
But I am quite sure they will be made even better in future mods.

Top Bottom