Amazon Civilization

SaibotLieh

Emperor
Last edited:
Nice to see all your awesome units in one civ ;)

Thanks!
Not bad at all, nice job, but i would have put everything into ONE folder rather than your 6 folders, just for convenience purposes. All in all, very nice and thx for the plug;)
Yes, you are right, if you only use this modcomp this folder structur is rather pointless. I made it this way because I'm using a lot of art files from my other modcomps. Beside less writing work for me this means that there will be less disk space taken if some of my other modcomps are used as well.

Thanks!

Yes, you are right, if you only use this modcomp this folder structure is rather pointless. I made it this way because I'm using a lot of art files from my other modcomps. Beside less writing work for me this means that there will be less disk space taken if some of my other modcomps are used as well.

I see, but i cant use anything that has a CvEventManager.py in, because of BUG. Thats ok, i can change everything around anyways, not that hard to put it in one folder.

I downloaded it. I can load and unload it. But when I want to play it, it simply doesn´t show up among the list of civilizations. Any ideas ?

I downloaded it. I can load and unload it. But when I want to play it, it simply doesn´t show up among the list of civilizations. Any ideas ?
Could be a simple mistake with the folder structure. You might for example have unzipped the archive into a additional folder, resulting in a folder structure like this:
Code:
...Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Amazon_Civilization_-_saibotlieh\Amazon_Civilization\Assets...
Make sure that it looks something like this:
Code:
...Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Amazon_Civilization\Assets\...

Is the Config file correct ?

[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Amazon_Civilization

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

Nope, the first entry should look like this:
Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1
Because this modcomp is modular, the modular xml loading has to be activated. It's strange that it is set to zero in your config file, because it isn't in the downloadable archive. :dunno:

By the way, if you want to use this modcomp with another mod, you'll have to make sure that the config file of that mod has the above set to 1, too.

What's this mean? Error 0x80010135: Path too long
As far as I know this can happen in Civ4 if the path to files consists of too many folders. Do you use my modcomp together with another mod? Could you post the complete path to the modcomp? For example, this would look in my case like this:
Code:
D:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Amazon_Civilization\Assets\Modules

GameFront says that the file is missing. This never happened before for me...so is this a GameFront glitch or did you remove the file?

Strange, the file seems to got deleted. Anyhow, I've uploaded it once more, so please try to download it again. :)

Dear SaibotLieh,

Awesome, Awesome modcomp! It is definitely the best civilization modcomp I have ever seen! :goodjob:

However the download link is broken. Could you re-upload Amazon civilization again?

Thank you!

p.s. May I use your mod comp. in my mod? (Naturally I must give you a BIG credit! :D)

Dear SaibotLieh,

Awesome, Awesome modcomp! It is definitely the best civilization modcomp I have ever seen! :goodjob:

However the download link is broken. Could you re-upload Amazon civilization again?

Thank you!

p.s. May I use your mod comp. in my mod? (Naturally I must give you a BIG credit!:D)
Thanks, you are welcome. :)

I've reuploaded the file, it should work again now. And of course you can use everything for your mod, I'm always delighted if somebody does so. :D

Top Bottom