Ambitious Mod/EXP Suggestion: One Small Step for (a) Man...

Spendoza

Chieftain
"First, I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him back safely to the earth. No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important for the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish." -JFK May 25, 1961

My proposal: The Moon as an explorable, exploitable and colonize-able space that functions identically to another continent, only instead of needing sea-faring ships in order to cross the abyss, one needs space vehicles (and buildings), accessible through the techs.

Throughout the forums I saw many posts wishing for a rebirth of AC as well as a more in-depth endgame. I say extend the end-of-game to 2500 AD and add enough techs to make a new era, the Space Age era. you'd need shuttles, satellites, hydroponic gardens, moon rovers, thunderdomes, Great Wonders (NASA HQ?), etc, loads enough to justify a new era.

As much as I would love to go to Alpha Centauri with my Jewish Aztec, I believe moon colonization is a much more realistic (and achievable) goal, as in real life.

I'd do it myself, but as I said, it's rather ambitious, especially for what would be my first Civilization (I-V) mod.

Comments? Suggestions?

I've always wanted this idea to be made into a mod. I hope it finally gets made for ciV. To add to the idea I think a solar system map should used so that you can explore all the planets and asteroids. Each planet/asteroid group would need its own map. This could allow for to two habitable planets in a system and the civs on each planet could have some space wars. I agree its ambitious, I'm sure we'll need to wait for the mod tools to know how workable this will be.

Hey Colonel, thanks for your interest.
to be honest, i would be happy if it was just Earth and Moon.
i envision it as such:
as you zoom out you see more and more of the land until it becomes a sphere (as in IV) and lo beside it is a second sphere (moon) and it functions the same as earth only is smaller, no water/plants....
when do these mod tools come out?

Top Bottom