Amelanchier and Thessa

Broken Hawk

Emperor
Who are they? Are they related to Arendel? Brother and sister, maybe cousins? Did they have some type of falling out with Arendel and the Seelie Court? How was Amelanchier able to attract enough followers to set up a separate civ in a seemingly matriarchal society? When he had the Confessor and Paladins killed, were there any repercussions from the civ they were from. What civ were they from? Bannor or Elohim? Someone else? Obviously a civ that would be inclined to adopt the Order. Thanks. :)

Amelanchier is a Ljosalfar prince who has sworn fealty to Arandel Phaedra. He does not lead a separate civ. He was put in charge of the nations rangers; essentially he is the nation's greatest military commander. Arendel still leads the civilian government of the elves, but in times of war may leave most of the important decisions to her most trusted generals. It is also quite possible that Arendel's role is mostly as a ceremonial figurehead, while nobles of the Summer court (like Amelanchier) hold most of the real power.

Thessa is unrelated (as far as I know). She too almost certainly has sworn loyalty to the Summer Court. She is the elven nation's highest ranking Archmage. She probably has more true power than her Queen, but she is not a sovereign.

The Paladins were probably either Bannor or from some civ not included in FfH (technically the elves and the Bannor were on different planes in Kael's D&D campaigns, iirc). There's were not the type of tactics I would expect from the Order of the Elohim (an Order of Monks, not related to the Order religion). They would not try to destroy creation in a fight to stop those who are trying to destroy creation. The are all about protecting the weak and probably get along fine with the elves, considering how Sucellus himself tasked them with the care of his holy sites. (The Elohim aren't really an Order oriented civ at all. Their sphere is spirit and their goddess is Sirona. Of the religions in FfH I'd say their favorite should be the Empyrean, followed by FoL, followed by RoK)

There may have been diplomatic repercussions of Amelanchier's actions, but then again I don't think anyone escaped to tell their nation about it. It is probably assumed that they dies in battle with the demons.

There may have been diplomatic repercussions of Amelanchier's actions, but then again I don't think anyone escaped to tell their nation about it. It is probably assumed that they dies in battle with the demons.

Amelachier was probably hoping that exterminating the Order force would discourage any interlopers, (good or evil) from fighting in HIS forest. He strikes me as the kind of person who doesn't particularly care whether people like him or not, as long as they fear or respect him.

Suffice to say, as the story of "the paladins and confessor who went into the elven forest and were never heard of again" spreads, other nations would be far less willing to violate Ljosalfar territory (and damage the Ljosalfar forests).

I wish we knew more about Thessa being a seperate civ and neutral. I like to play her because she gets Druids. Maybe Kael did that for gameplay reasons and nothing more.

They are all one civ. I think the alignments are based on the younger elves being less idealistic, more practical.

(I do think that Arendal should have access to druids though. In my modmod Druids have no alignment requirement, but must be upgraded from a unit of at least level 4. They also have 2 spheres instead of just one-nature and life for normal druids and earth and nature for the Dwarven variety. Yvain was given sorcery, spell extension, and Subdue Beasts so he is still better than normal druids)

In my Commanding Officers mod only Arendel is a playable leader for Ljosalfar. Amelanchier and Thessa are both commanders you can choose between.

I also got a new alignment system which I call Broader Alignments, which makes the alignments into a value between -511 to +511, where -170 to +170 are Neutral. Arendel starts at +197, using Amelanchier brings her down to 150, and therefor makes her Neutral.

EDIT: Although this is probably changing, so that all the original leaders are still leaders, and the commanders are all new (basically). At least probably :p

Top Bottom