Amending typo's in Constitution

gert-janl

Alive!!!
In the previous term of the Judiciary, the Judiciary ruled that small typos in our Constitution didn't require to be discussed and voted upon by the House of Representatives.
However, the mods rule otherwise, and per Article L of the Constitution this takes precedence.
Code:
[b]Article L[/b]
The constitution, laws and standards of Fanatika can never 
be contrary to the rules and regulations of the 
Civfanatics forums. Moderators may veto any such 
constitutional amendments, laws or standards.
The Court would like to bring the attention to the typo in the preamble of our Constitution. It calls our country 'Fanatica' instead of 'Japanatica'. This is something which has to be dealt with.

Proposed Poll
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Term IV Court hereby proposes to vote on the following changes to the Japanatican Constitution:
  • amending 'Fanatica' in line 1 of the preamble into 'Japanatica'
  • amending 'Fanatica' in line 1 of Article L into 'Japanatica

Do you agree to this amendment?
Please vote either yes/no/abstain

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In accordance to article I of the Constitution this discussion thread will be open for 24 hours prior to polling.

Of course we should correct the constitution. I can't think of any reason anyone would be against this.

@ CJ gert-janl - As a matter of protocol, you might want to consider writing a PM to Moderator Rik Meleet explaining your problem with the typoes and asking, as CJ, if he would please make all the appropriate changes. I believe there is more than just the one typo to correct, so you might want to find them all and list them for RM. ;)

What Cyc said.

-- Ravensfire

A PM has been sent to ask Rik Meleet to reconsider his decision not to change these typos without correct procedures.

@Cyc: I wouldn't know of any more 'obvious' typos than these two. The Culture minister thing can't be regarded as an obvious typo and is therefore reconsidered here

I am more than willing to change typing errors. But I don't really want to do double work; if anyone wants to correct a "real" typo; that person knows exactly where it is, so an indication on where the line is that should be corrected (preferably with a link) is highly desired.

The way it was presented here is over the edge of normal typo-correction; this is "content-editting".
I regard the constitution as "sacred"; meaning the contents are not to be touched unless the citizens speak out in the official procedural way we all agreed upon. I will not change content of the constitution unless the CJ requests this, with a link to the poll (besides a clear indication what needs to be changed).
This is an excellent example.

Top Bottom