Amendment of Ruleset

Sherlock613

Chieftain
Hey all- we seem to have a thread for discussing the rules, but I'm not sure if we have a thread for proposed amendments of the ruleset. So, here is one!

Here are my proposals:

-No gifting of Heroic Epic unit (same idea as no gifting of MoM city or CR city).

-Timer split for war also applies to Settler Races.

-Get rid of this ban on 'Sneaky Research'. Teams could change their mind mid turn. They could want to do binary research or want to mess around with their options. I think this rule greatly limits our options for no good reason.

-If 'Sneaky Research' is not allowed, we need an amendment, so that teams can change research immediately in reaction to declaration of war. Imagine that your team starts teching Currency, gets attacked, and (even though your turn isn't yet ended) you want to switch to Horseback Riding. I think you should at least be allowed to do that.

-No gifting of Heroic Epic unit (same idea as no gifting of MoM city or CR city).
Seems good to me.

-Timer split for war also applies to Settler Races.
No real way of making this work though. There isn't any predetermined turn order while at peace, because everyone's going free for all. Plus, generally you only see the enemy settler on the turn or on the turn before you settle. I think the only thing that could work would be an agreement not to move a Settler twice in a row within a period of a couple of hours (i.e. at the end of one turn and then right at the start of the next turn). Either way though, I doubt this will be an issue, since (I hope) the map will be spacious enough that people aren't pressing up against their neighbours and competing for land early on.

-Get rid of this ban on 'Sneaky Research'. Teams could change their mind mid turn. They could want to do binary research or want to mess around with their options. I think this rule greatly limits our options for no good reason.

-If 'Sneaky Research' is not allowed, we need an amendment, so that teams can change research immediately in reaction to declaration of war. Imagine that your team starts teching Currency, gets attacked, and (even though your turn isn't yet ended) you want to switch to Horseback Riding. I think you should at least be allowed to do that.
I think this is being discussed in another thread.

I oppose rules on gifting of units, outside of obvious exploits like transport glitches.

I'd be fine with no gifting of cities entirely but certainly gifting to abuse certain wonders I'm willing to ban as well, along with inappropriate gifting for other reasons (like to kick units out). But in short I think the rule in place already covers this; all city gifts have to approved by the admins for a reasonable cause (like surrendering to end a war or something).

I also don't think there should be an outright ban, for instance one civ may wish to buy a heroic epic unit.

This thread is for individual players to discuss ruleset ammendments.

Once a TEAM supports an ammendment, their captain can start a new thread asking all the teams to vote on it.

This thread is for individual players to discuss ruleset ammendments.

Once a TEAM supports an ammendment, their captain can start a new thread asking all the teams to vote on it.

Ah so that's how the process works, I was wondering about that.

I'm in favor of the unit gifting ban, should this also apply to West Point though? It will be hard to enforce if two full teams are determined to break this rule, but I trust that these forums are full of enough honorable people that that won't be an issue.

Shorten the timer for now, it can always be lengthened again!

What makes gifting Heroic Epic units problematic? It's a great tool, but they're just units that were produced quickly. No different than units produced by Globe Theater/drafting city or two productive cities.

What makes gifting Heroic Epic units problematic? It's a great tool, but they're just units that were produced quickly. No different than units produced by Globe Theater/drafting city or two productive cities.
The post perhaps isn't completely clear, but it's referring to units that enable the Heroic Epic; i.e. those with 3 or more promotions (10 XP normally). "West Point units" also refers to units which enable West Point; i.e. those with 5 or more promotions (26 XP normally).

I find it very silly to allow all the exploits of simultaneous turns to come into play here, and yet we are arguing over trivial issues like gifting an 10exp unit.

We haven't allowed all the exploits of simultaneous turns, so that statement is simply not true.

There are over 100 & 1 sub-exploits to simultaneous turns. And with over 5K posts, I'm sure you are well aware of them Parkin as I am.

Very few are still allowed as the game stands, and if there are some particular things you have in mind like double-move problems some of those are still being discussed/we may have amendments if teams vote for an amendment anyway.

There are over 100 & 1 sub-exploits to simultaneous turns. And with over 5K posts, I'm sure you are well aware of them Parkin as I am.
I'm not aware of there being so many -- please enlighten us, which ones are you thinking of?

Top Bottom