Amenities distributed unevenly?

Time Tested

Warlord
My understanding is that amenities get auto-balanced between cities to ensure an evenness in happiness across the empire. With that in mind, how does something like the below happen, where I have a few cities with +2 or +1 amenities, and a city with -2 amenities. Shouldn't everything get rebalanced to avoid the -2?

On a side note, the UI is confusing on amenities (like for most things, obv), but is there any way to see the precise source of amenities in a city via the regular UI or a mod? The summarized view in the city screen isn't granular enough to understand the specific sources rather than trying to hunt them down individually.

upload_2020-11-15_11-53-14.png

I have access to a large number of luxury resources:
upload_2020-11-15_11-54-10.png

I do have the Colosseum providing amenities to Moscow, but somehow that is its ONLY source of amenities, while St. Petersburg has a surplus that is almost entirely from Luxury resources. Why aren't they getting redistributed?

upload_2020-11-15_12-1-8.png

Do you have luxuries coming from toys or other special sources? They give +4. If StP were receiving one, prior to having received, it would be equally bad with Moscow, so now it's receiving toys (or whichever), it's been catapulted ahead.

I don't know if luxuries are auto balanced or if, once assigned, they permanently stay with the assigned city.

Do you have luxuries coming from toys or other special sources? They give +4. If StP were receiving one, prior to having received, it would be equally bad with Moscow, so now it's receiving toys (or whichever), it's been catapulted ahead.

I don't know if luxuries are auto balanced or if, once assigned, they permanently stay with the assigned city.

I always thought the +4 from toys meant +4 to your empire, and it they would be distributed like a luxury resource across cities. Is it +4 to one city?

I always thought the +4 from toys meant +4 to your empire, and it they would be distributed like a luxury resource across cities. Is it +4 to one city?
It is +1 amenity for a city up to 4 cities, so +4 in total. So you were thinking correct.

I don't know in which category wonders go, but especially in the case of Temple of Artemis (amenities based on resource improvements) could fall in the luxury resources. Same for amenity from improvements (parks adjacent to water, mounds) in which category do these go. You should post a screenshot of St Petersburg with all its tiles visible, so that we can understand the situation better.

Its possible you just built something.

Amenities do get redistributed, but I believe it happens at the beginning of a turn. If you built a wonder, amenities should shift on your next turn.

Only cities with local amenities (i.e. ToA) or cities with entertainment overlap should have an appreciative difference in amenities.

Luxuries will try to balance out.

Its possible you just built something.

Amenities do get redistributed, but I believe it happens at the beginning of a turn. If you built a wonder, amenities should shift on your next turn.

Only cities with local amenities (i.e. ToA) or cities with entertainment overlap should have an appreciative difference in amenities.

Luxuries will try to balance out.

I believe this is what I was seeing. I checked back a couple turns later and things seemed normal again.

Top Bottom