Amenity Guide

[Vanilla] Amenity Guide

How do you see which city gets which resource?

As @Browd said, you can't get that information from the game currently. Just know that any unique luxury will give Amenities, and any extra copies is OK to trade away. Just always make sure to keep 1 copy of each.

That's a nice guide, but that being said - how can I overcome the amenity problems?
My cities keep growing like mushrooms with little regard to amenities.
And if I capture some cities from AI, as well as some city-states, I end up FAR behind on amenities, and everything drops into unhappiness and riots.

How can the warmongering civ overcome the amenity situation?

The warmongering civ can
-set cities to production so they don't grow rapidly
-build lots of entertainment districts

-do more battles in your own territory (that gives less war weariness it appears.... although there are conflicting reports about that)
-get a CB to reduce the war weariness (its based on the warmonger penalty)

Question via a scenario

I am England and have got no Amenity great people or have any other amenity modifiers apart from the palace.

I have a 3 cities central, a capital with 11 population and 2 other cities with 9 Population. All on 0 Amenity

I have 5 other cities spread out all with 3 pop on 0 Amenities

I now build an ED in my capital city and also an arena a zoo and a stadium. What is the status of Amenities afterward?

option 1
The capital had 4 amenities and now has 9 amenities from the ED and so goes to +5 amenities
The other 2 central cities in range used 4 amenities and now use 7 amenities so goes to +3 amenities
The other 5 cities stay on 0 amenities

option 2
The capital used 4 amenities and now has 5 amenities from the ED and so goes to +2 amenity frees up 3 amenities
The other 2 central cities in range used 4 amenities and now gain +3 from the ED and so each goes to +2 amenity and together free up 2 amenities
The other 5 cities now have an additional 5 amenities and so all go to +1 amenity

In essence what I am asking is while an ED spreads its cheer locally, does that effect stay local and be applied after luxury amenity calculations each turn (so you can have central cities on + and remote cities on -) or does the whole thing just spread evenly so you can consider an ED to really be a global effect?

FAQ

Question: Is there any overview of the ongoing trade deals?
Answer: No, there is currently no way to see which resources you are trading for.

Don't see any reference to this being implemented in the update, but if there wasn't one before, there is one now:
Spoiler :

Don't see any reference to this being implemented in the update, but if there wasn't one before, there is one now:
Spoiler :

You are playing with one or more mods. What you show is not in the base game or the recent patch and therefore is inappropriate for inclusion in a guide about the unmodded game. Please do not mislead other readers by implying that a game element that is found only in a mod are in the base game.

You are playing with one or more mods. What you show is not in the base game or the recent patch and therefore is inappropriate for inclusion in a guide about the unmodded game. Please do not mislead other readers by implying that a game element that is found only in a mod are in the base game.

I was wondering about that possibility, but don't recall ever reading about a trade deals screen in any mod description i downloaded. Might've overlooked it on a recent mod update (Yup. Just checked. GMiller added that feature to Unit Report Screen v1.5)

Apologies for misleading. Feel free to clean up these posts if you see fit.

Can anyone think of a particular reason why a 2nd copy of a luxury resource does not apply its benefit to cities 5-8? It seems like it would be a very logical thing for it to do.

Can anyone think of a particular reason why a 2nd copy of a luxury resource does not apply its benefit to cities 5-8? It seems like it would be a very logical thing for it to do.
Game balance, encouraging trade, etc.
(Although it might be nice if a second copy helped city 5, a third copy helped city 6, a fourth helped city 7, etc.)

I checked under view reports/ resources. I thought that shows which city uses what, but i now understand it is the supply.

How do you see which city gets which resource?

I can't confirm if this was in place from day one (I certainly used it after the first patch), but if you hover over the luxury resource in the 'reports/resource' screen (i.e. the green arrow below the source city), then a popup will show which cities that particular luxury is benefiting.

I am finding if I keep growing my cities, I have to constantly build Amenities. In many of my cities, I don't even have barracks because I have to keep building stupid Amenities....
I really don't like this game mechanic.

Playing along about the year 1500 and suddenly most of my cities had minus 15 amenities. I had just made a relatively even trade for Amenities with the Chinese..... I have had this happened to me once before too. What happened? I have no clue. Thanks in advance for some help.

Playing along about the year 1500 and suddenly most of my cities had minus 15 amenities. I had just made a relatively even trade for Amenities with the Chinese..... I have had this happened to me once before too. What happened? I have no clue. Thanks in advance for some help.

The most probable reason might be due to war weariness. Or maybe you traded away your single copies of amenities in that deal, or you took out a amenity-giving policy/government.

Sorry if this has been covered. Is there any way to view all my current luxury resources?
Any over 1+ is safe to trade, always?

Had some weird things happen when trading to get more amenitys in several ways, most profound one was a 3 helo 1 artillery rebellion when trading a orange and gold for tea and bisquits(dont remember second resource, but 1 for 2 new) Guess they really love they`re oranges in Madrid :) had the city rebel three times in one game during trades.

I am guessing it was some trouble adding right resources to right place, leaving one city with 0 and others with a surplus (won my first emperor that game, yay).

A overview screen would be cool, resources available for trade (surplus), tradeable stra/lux, mineable resources in territory, resources others have and you dont and things like that.

Feels like i am missing a button somewhere but i guess they did not include this? As i played with aztec that game i found it bit frustrating to not have a tracker for that bonus damage aswell.

I got to be missing that button, "Trade window overview"?

Hmm sounds similiar with my issue... guess the game have trouble with adding up in some scenarios.

Top Bottom