America, and two others

laxpimpj

Chieftain
I have always wanted to play through a game as America, all the way up to 2050, but unfortunately my computer isn't the best and by that point each turn ends up taking 5 minutes. I want to play at America's spawn point, but only have two or three other civs playing with me (one european, one asian, maybe one african) so the game will actually run with some speed. I tried doing this the other night by starting as America, declaring war on the entire world, then going around one by one destroying all the cities I didn't want with the world builder. This was a major pain in the neck... Is there an easier way to do this. I know nothing about the coding behind the game, but if there was a simple fix to exclude all the other civs from the game other than the ones you want, that would be great...
thanks.

You may start as Rome or Persia, destroy everything (or almost everything) that moves and then switch to America.
A civ can't reborn if all their cities are razed.

you can just edit RiseAndFall.py, deleting
Code:
                if (gc.getPlayer(0).isPlayable()):
                        iFirstSpawn = iGreece
                else:
                        iFirstSpawn = iKhmer
                for iLoopCiv in range(iFirstSpawn, iNumMajorPlayers):
                        if (iGameTurn >= con.tBirth[iLoopCiv] - 2 and iGameTurn <= con.tBirth[iLoopCiv] + 6):
                                self.initBirth(iGameTurn, con.tBirth[iLoopCiv], iLoopCiv)

and uncommenting (removing the ##) self.initBirth(iGameTurn, ......) of the civs you want in

Top Bottom