1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] America challenge, play this random start

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by curtastic, Jul 13, 2017.

1. curtastic

curtastic Chieftain

Here's an interesting random map.
    I've attached a save file you can download and play. It's for Civ3 Complete only.

Civ: Americans
    Difficulty: Emperor
    World Size: Medium
    Barbarians: Restless
    Victory conditions: Domination, Cultural, Space Race, Diplomatic.

You start on a frigid island off the west coast of the main continent. The weather isn't too dreadful in the southern bits. But there is a huge new world for you to settle farther to the west. It has a large northern half and a southern half, connected by a thin strip of land that you can send ships through if you build a city there (and name it panama of course).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017 at 3:38 PM
  2. tjs282

tjs282 Mega P. Terror

Sounds interesting -- are you going to post a story/ description of your game somewhere?

When you say 'huge new world', do you mean it literally, i.e. this is a Huge map (160x160, max. Civs = 16 total, plus Barbs)? If so, how many opponents?

Spoiler A Word to the Wise :
    For future reference: it's better to upload a manual re-save of the 4000 BC turn, rather than the autosave created by the game. Manual saves are compressed to about a fifth of the size of the autosave files (around 200-300 kB, vs. 1.3 MB), which not only saves upload/download time -- not so much of a concern these days, admittedly -- but also takes up less (of your allocated) storage-space on the CFC-server.

3. curtastic

curtastic Chieftain

Thanks for the tip.
    I wish I saved screenshots and wrote a story but all I have to say is that I was about to lose to a cultural victory from the pinca when I completed the united nations and won the vote. They had 97,000 culture and were getting 900 per turn.

Post here how it goes if you play it.

4. Theov

Theov Chieftain

Looks interesting! Fun to play an unmodded game again :D

The island doesn't look too promising. Especially a poor start for an expansionist civ.
    I founded Wash, NY and Boston. Set out curraghs to meet new people.
    I wonder now, after getting Writing, would it be smarter to forget about the Republic and go to Map Making in order to get some settlers to the other island.

5. curtastic

curtastic Chieftain

Ya it's not modded it just happens to be similar to you starting on England and have to settle America. I named all my cities on the island with english names. I would just abandon Washington (London) once you get a few cities on the better continent, to move the capitol.