America: Home of the Brave

In regards to the "Democratic Emblem Bill" The Congressman from Massachusetts, Niccolo Edwards, shall Abstain.

In regards to the "Federal Trade Bill" The Congressman from Massachusetts, Niccolo Edwards, shall vote Yea.

The Congressman from Massachusetts would like to warmly welcome The Congressman from Georgia, Jonathan Smith.

On the subject of the "Democratic Emblem Bill" the Congressman from Georgia, Jonathan Smith shall Abstain.

On the subject of the "Federal Trade Bill" the Congressman from Georgia, Jonathan Smith shall vote Yea.

Congressman Jon Noobsley of Michigan introduces the Federalist Emblem Bill:

-The National Federalist Party shall be represented by a Bear

Yea: 2

Nay: 0

Abstain: 1

Passed

Spoiler :
I'm just going to include our votes; it makes it easier on me. The results only matter on us anyway

In regards to the "Federalist Emblem Bill" The Congressman from Massachusetts will Abstain.

OOC: You guys are moving so fast I can't keep up.

Congressman Leonard Conoghaun (NC)(NFP) rejects James Madison as Vice-President pick and instead nominates Nathaniel Macon.

We need a vice-president of prestige and bipartisanship and nonpartisanship. Furthermore, his aspirations for a stronger expansion policy and more aggressive diplomatic-trade policy will help ensure an efficient fit with President Pickney. He is correct in calculating that the import of African workers from the Ivory Cape and Congos would increase science output by 10%! It is worth our investment. He opposes conscription, instead preferring a strong professional army, and he is strict with the budget.

Congressman Jon Noobsley of Michigan (NFP) accepts Congressman Caunoghaun's pick for Vice President, Nathaniel Macon.

Spoiler :
May I ask you vote on the Federalist Emblem Bill, RT?

Growing Tensions

After making good relations with Spain, President Pinckney was approached by a good deal from King Philip II, which was the knowledge of Corporation in return for the Steam Engine, along with being given 390 gold. It was a deal Pinckney could not refuse, even if the Steam Engine was precious knowledge.

However, in the year 1830, the home front wasn't as happy and shiny as it used to be; it was the year Congress passed the Indian Removal Act. Indian land to the east of Mississippi was all taken in exchange for land to the west.

Thanks to the gaining of Corporation, President Pinckney changed the American economic system to a free market. What does this entail? American markets are now more efficient and we gain more trade and gold. Boom.

The settlers sent out to the Great Plains had founded New Raleigh in Native land. The settlers wanted to name the city Sioux Falls, but Congress had another idea.

A few years earlier, in 1834, a territory for Indians was created to the west of Louisiana, which was called the Indian Territory. Some Cherokee resisted, and in 1835, a faction of Cherokees signed the Treaty of New Echota, which made the government give them money in exchange for their land.

President Pinckney also had to confront South Carolina on the protective tariff. The protective tariff signed into law in 1832 was less restrictive than the one in 1828, but South Carolinians were still bitter. In response, a prominent South Carolina lawmaker, John C. Calhoun, adopted the Ordinance of Nullification, which declared both tariffs null and void.

In response to this, a warship was sent to South Carolina to qualm the rebellion.

While the rest of the South thought South Carolina acted unconstitutionally, going against the federal government, it demonstrated that a single state could go against the will of Congress.

Another waiting settler in Washington was sent to create a border with Mexico, and founded the city of Albuquerque.

Back onto the topic of Indians, by 1838, many Cherokee that rejected Pinckney's decision to send them to the west of the Mississippi were forced to move. Many on this forced excursion died of disease and privation. This was later called the "Trail of Tears."

An economic downturn was also avoided. After the conception of the Second Bank of the United States, there were many outcries from people who said the Bank was a monopoly over the USA's credit and currency, and said it represented the interests of the wealthy. Pinckney then denounced the monopoly.

In order to fix this, Pinckney started an economic practice called "Pincknism." President Pinckney increased the money supply and lowered interest rates, which helped fuel the nation's economy.

However, because of this, the banks spent large amounts of money on speculation, which lead to unemployment soaring, causing the Panic of 1837. However, Pinckney worked to fix this. However, thanks to some smooth talking, Pinckney's vice president, Macon, was thought to be at fault for this for some odd reason.

In the midst of this, President Pinckney created the states of New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma (which took the place of the Indian Territory), Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota, along with Minnesota.

Pinckney didn't believe he had much longer to live, so when King Philip II of Spain came to make a deal for a world map, in return for 390 gold, he couldn't refuse. He wanted to see the world before he left, and this fulfilled his dreams; the Spanish had mapped just about every corner of the world.

Pinckney didn't live long enough to present the map to Congress, though. He died later that day at the ripe age of 98.

This leaves Congress in a tizzy to put forth two candidates to become president in 1844.​

In response to my border state's rebellions against the federal government, I, Leonard Conoghaun (NC) (NFP) hereby put into Congress the Carolinian Dominion Bill.
Sypnosis: Combines the states of North and South Carolina, with the capital relocating to Charlotte, which rests on the border.
Details: Will create more NFP votes in the Electoral College.

I am apalled by Macon's performance as Vice President! He is responsible for the largest financial disaster in American history, and I hereby resign as Chairman of the NFP for this terrible nomination decision. I leave the members to decide the direction of the party. I will not participate in the decision for the nomination of the next election.

Congressman Jon Noobsley of Michigan (NFP) votes Nay on the Carolinian Dominion Bill.

While Macon was a poor vice president that caused the worst economic downturn of our history, I do not see why we should cause a monopoly of our party in the electoral college. We cannot blame Macon for South Carolina's decision to resist our authority.

If need be, Congressman Noobsley would be willing to take the place of Caunoghaun as the head of the National Federalist Party. Even if he were to take power, he wishes that Caunoghaun will continue to participate in vice presidential nominations.

Yea: 2

Nay: 2

Sent to VP; rejected

Anton Levonyan - New York - Unitarian Party

Spoiler :

Plataform:
Anton Levonyan comes from a armenian family that settled in NY in the 1700's. He belives that is the government duty to protect their people from outside agression and that's America should expand rapid as possible by attacking foreign nation on "America's rightful territory". He also supports a strong centralized government, a strong army and the necessity to turn the states in provinces subdued to a strong federal power centralized in Washington.

As first act as a congressman, I want to propose the creation of a Unitarian party to link everybody who has the loose idea of a strong government! The party color should be Black.

Congressman Noobsley of Michigan welcomes Congressman Levonyan into the folds of Congress.

I am interested to see how your Unitarian Party will do...

Congressman Anton Levonyan of New York (UP) votes Nay on the Carolinian Dominion Bill.

In regards to the "Carolinian Dominion Bill" The Congressman from Massachusetts, Niccolo Edwards, shall vote Yea.

Congressman Anton Levonyan of New York (UP) proposes Van Buren as a candidate for the Presidential election in 1844.

I really want to join this, but I probably shouldn't until finals are done for me. Two more weeks!

With no other options put forward, or any dissent, Henry Clay is the nominee of the Federalist Party.

Election of 1844

National Federalist Party

Henry Clay

Democratic Party

James K. Polk

Unitarian Party

Martin Van Buren

Spoiler :
Due to having 3 parties, states will be determined by a roll of a die. 1-2 = Federalist, 3-4 = Unitarian, 5-6 = Democratic.

Results

Clay: 155 (Quebec)

Polk: 95 (Ontario)

Van Buren: 161

Martin Van Buren has won the Election of 1844 in a stunning upset!

The new Congressman from Massachusetts, Adlar Koch, would like to welcome our new president.

OOC: It's been forty years since we started. Congressman Niccolo Edwards retired.

Top Bottom