1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

America: Y ur peeps b so dum?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FriendlyFire, Mar 24, 2011.

1. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

They also know their facism from their Fascism. If only the Anzacs could learn that, they'd know if they were voting for Mussolini or the Great and Powerful Oz.

2. Japanrocks12

Japanrocks12 tired of being a man

This doesn't sound like a typical liberal elitist at all, it sounds like a rambling moron who can't put together a coherent thesis.

3. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Because, being the most potential superpower in the world, they need to learn how to politics correctly so they don't flub it when it's their turn in the spotlight.

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Prince

A lot of what makes you a superpower starts in the mindset, evidence shows that being #1 isn't good for the mindset - everyone's against you, even your friends. No body cares about 2nd best, hence why I say, 2nd best is probably the better place to be, and ANZAC and UK are there, right where it wants to be.

The trick is to be in control subtly.

You can keep your spotlight and microphone, we'll stay back here drumming the drums and just in it for the ride. :smoke:

5. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

6. amadeus

amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!

'fraid you've got it all wrong, my friend.

7. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

For the record Friendlyfire is an example of everything that is wrong with Australia: blinkered, short-sighted and fixated on America, Americans and American politics.

8. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Its true.
    I should move to Alaska and write a few books

9. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Provided that there is an iota of truth in that people in the Usa are dumber as a percentage of the population than in other parts of the West, one could theorize as to why this is so.
    One thing i do have noticed about posters here from the US is that they tend to identify themselves with their country. This is not very common in European posters (i think). Perhaps, if so, it has to do with their need to identify with something they think is strong, but inevitably this creates a mostly illusionary connection, since, after all, they cannot become anything better than they are by linking themselves to a national entity.
    But it would seem at least possible that such false connections serve to only limit one's advancement as a person, if for no other reason then due to the wrong view that they actually have achieved some worth, in this case that which is symbolized by the supposed "leading country of the west".
    Imagine an anonymous redneck feeling he is worth something just because he is a citizen of the united states. The effect is the same for anyone else as well.

10. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Not bad, what is realy suprising is South Korea, US is right up there some small slipage.
    Wouldnt mind seeing Iraq or India.

So amadues what can we conclude ?

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Prince

We can conclude that New Zealand really is better than Australia at everything.

(on a more serious note, it's also a demonstration of why citizen control is difficult)

12. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

I'm willing to testify that both the Australian and New Zealand education systems are awful.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm reluctant to bring this up, but it could make for good discussion as long as people don't cross the line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

Simply put, America will never be as smart as European nations for this reason. I'm not going to say whether it's hereditary or cultural, but either way it doesn't look good. As American culture has been against education. No one wants to be a nerd. This is especially true for the minorities.

14. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

Notice the US is the only country going backwards, while most countries are making huge improvements.

Simply put, that is just the effects of inherent racism.

How Racism Affects IQ

And while blue-collar far-right America may be opposed to education to some extent, the rest certainly isn't.

15. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

And yet the Brits make superstars out of the Spice Girls and Girls Aloud. :mischief:

16. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

And Spicemania wasn't everywhere in the late '90s? We may be to blame, but the world is at fault too!

17. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

"no racial differences in mental functioning at age one, although a racial gap begins to emerge over the next few years of life ... The observed patterns are broadly consistent with large racial differences in environmental factors that grow in importance as children age."

the reason whites do better in school (usually) is because their richer.

18. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Which is as much a product of discrimination as anything else.

19. Snoopy

Snoopy Prince

And you all fell for it, not me of course. I can hear Simon Cowell now.. "winning"

20. BuckeyeJim

BuckeyeJim King

Can someone explain to me why FriendlyFire, a poster in Australia, seems to be so unhealthily obsessed with a nation that lies 10000 miles away from where he lives? I don't worry about the state of Michigan and it's up the road a couple hours by car.