American Atheists Lose Fight to Keep 9/11 Cross from Museum

The way some people view it, it does seem like a bit of idoltry. Not to the extent that some idolize the American flag, but still.

Anyways, I find the fetishization of 9/11 ridiculous. It is a historical event, sure. But it's hardly important, unless you consider its use as an excuse for imperialist wars important. Guess we should worship cross-shaped pieces of the USS Maine as well :lol:
Why? Don't you think it should have been taken as a sign that a god wanted the US government to blame that accident on the Spanish? To then kill thousands of completely innocent Catholics and subjugate vastly more of them to brutal rule by the puppet dictator of our choosing?

The way some people view it, it does seem like a bit of idoltry. Not to the extent that some idolize the American flag, but still.
Now that would have been a far better icon to use.

Yet how many of them used it as an excuse to discriminate against and persecute Muslims, as so many in the US did? How many other governments concocted deliberate lies and used deception to rationalize invading and occupying another sovereign country?

Yet how many of them used it as an excuse to discriminate against and persecute Muslims, as so many in the US did? How many other governments concocted deliberate lies and used deception to rationalize invading and occupying another sovereign country?

So, you are saying the war in Afghanistan was based on nothing but deception and lies? Because 9/11 was the reason for that war, not the war in Iraq.

:rolleyes: All of this is the fault of one inanimate object found in the wreckage? But hey we certainly need more extremists like you Forma. Has the American flag been used to subjugate and rationalize discrimination, theoretically you could answer yes and in other words you have answered yes to this in other threads. But is the flag itself the subjugator? Is the American spirit responsible for the genocide of millions of Native Americans? Generations of discrimination and subjugation while the descendants of the very hypocrites grow fat on the accomplishments of their murdering ancestors? Guess what, most people don't blame that American Spirit. most people can look at things objectively - The tenets and what actually happened.

Well most people... :lol: As long as Forma remains sheltered though, I don't think he can understand some of these concepts while he hypocritically supports and expands the bigotry he claims to hate.

How many extremists like Forma have tried to attack innocent people for their own gain? How many of them have continued to play the martyr when they rather not introspect the insanity they preach?

Generally speaking, most people view Ouroboros as a snake eating its own tail. This circle therefore becomes a cycle of consumption. However, the opposite may be true. What if it was a cycle of generation instead? Well, then you wouldn’t believe the [stuff] that comes out of its mouth.

Why? Don't you think it should have been taken as a sign that a god wanted the US government to blame that accident on the Spanish? To then kill thousands of completely innocent Catholics and subjugate vastly more of them to brutal rule by the puppet dictator of our choosing?
Now [the American flag] would have been a far better icon to use.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre"

So, you are saying the war in Afghanistan was based on nothing but deception and lies? Because 9/11 was the reason for that war, not the war in Iraq.
Freedom of speech comes through yet again. :goodjob:

:rolleyes: All of this is the fault of one inanimate object found in the wreckage?
Still generating ludicrous strawmen of my actual opinions while continuing to make hyperbolic comments and incessantly misusing words like "bigoted"? :crazyeye:

Isn't it about time you again whined about PMs I sent you months ago to try to take these ludicrous personal attacks offline? PMs which aren't relevant to the discussion in the least, much like so many of your other comments? How old are you?

Freedom of speech comes through yet again. :goodjob:

So you are unable to disprove my point. Congrats.

I'd suggest more meaningful replies if you want to be taken seriously. 'Course your reputation here is so damaged that may no longer be possible.

Like the US needed divine inspiration to do that.

How can I possibly "prove" to you what is common knowledge?

Uhm.....you've asked people to prove common knowledge issues all the time. Not sure why you'd complain about it since you ask such questions of everyone else around here.

Looked through all your links. Didnt find any evidence or mention of the religious based zealotry you refer to, nor any 'christian jihad' as you mentioned earlier in your opposition to the cross being in a museum as being a contributing factor to the Iraq war.

I'm not saying 9/11 wasnt a contributing factor to the war in Iraq. Of course it was; but it still wasn't the primary reason of that conflict either as you would allege. Saddam's unwillingness to play ball with the UN was the primary reason that conflict happened.

"'Course your reputation here is so damaged that may no longer be possible."

Absolutely. People around here are tied of you treating anyone that disagrees with you in the slightest as absolute crap. Or haven't you noticed how many other people are confronting you on issues these days? Even people that used to agree with you routinely?

Probably not. Narcissists are generally oblivious to such clues until its too late; and even then will play the victim and blame what occurs on everyone else anyway.

It's plausible that Bush meant it as a practical joke, and it simply got out of hand.

Top Bottom