American Chieftain Succession Game

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
Hopefully, Ripley will post soon ...

I shall post right now! This one will have to be quick. The forums came up just as I was about to leave. It's a public holiday here. :cool:

The first order of buisness was to increase the science rate back up to 70%.

I have continued the war against Russia. On top of that I have started one against Egypt. Cleopatra was starting to send out settlers into the area's recently vacated by Russia. I coudn't see much point in kicking two different Civs off the same land at different times, so I attacked. They have taken Cahun off us, but have lost a lot more than they have gained. Cleo was pretty pissed when I took the Gemstone city of Abydos and threw everything at it. That ended when I rushed some walls. We should probably rush a temple there as well.

Egypt is down to a single iron source and I think that we should attack that sooner rather then later. It's not exactly deep in their territory. It also appears that they have only a single supply of horses (hint, hint).

They have finally discovered the island to the bottom of the map and are attacking Portland as I speak, although that appears limited to a single chariot.

Russia is a spent force. They now have five cities left and have lost their capital twice. They have no iron or horses, let alone saltpeter. Oh, did I mention that Egypt has no saltpeter either? I tried to hold on to Moscow due to it's Hanging Gardens but it flipped (should have rushed a temple). So I razed it next turn.

On our home front, most of our cities have been working on improvements with a small number supplying a steady trickle of cavalry. I've built a harbour in Houston and most of the galleys are headed there now for an upgrade. We have Navigation so we shouldn't lose any more ships at sea.

We are currently researching physics and building JS Bach's cathedral, Magellans Voyage, and the Observatory. With the destruction of Moscow, we are now the only Civilization controlling wonders.

All in all, it's starting to look like a walk in the park. I'll be lucky if I get another turn in this game.

PS: Gonzo, when this one is over, we should jump up a level and start another game with the same group.

PS: Gonzo, when this one is over, we should jump up a level and start another game with the same group.

Sounds like a fine idea Ripley! We'll have to check and make sure everyone would be interested. It'll be a great way to improve personally as well as improving as a team. What do you guys think? Should there be a GFC2 on warlord, with this same team? (thcsquad, you can come too, even though you're new:))

Here's the new turn order, hopefully I didn't leave anyone else since I am doing this off of the top of my head.

6-of-october(up right now)
charliehoke(on deck)
thcsquad
gonzo_for_civ
Ripley

This should be optimal for turn order. If there is any problem, let me know. I'll try to keep this post updated and I may post a turn order on the first post of this thread. phaser

Ripley: I automated the workers, we just have way too freaking many for it to be humanly possible and it's way too late in the game(not timewise, but as in how far we are away from final victory) for it to matter what the workers do. Besides I shift-automated them, so they won't undo anything that was done before. I usually micromanage them, but it'd be tough to lose this game if we tried at this point.

And yeah, I'll join a GFC2 game on Warlord.

I will download now but I think I might use most of the next 24 hours since I am a bit busy at work now.
I hope to post in 24 hours time.

Way to go Ripley I get to beat up both the Russians and the Egyptians.:goodjob:

Originally posted by thcsquad
Ripley: I automated the workers

:D I was just poking fun. I haven't un-automated any workers.

BTW, I'm curious to know what the THC in thcsquad stands for. It has a certain green conotation, if you know what i mean. ;) :crazyeyes :lol:

BTW, I'm curious to know what the THC in thcsquad stands for. It has a certain green conotation, if you know what i mean

They're just my initials. Maybe my naming was influenced by the aforementioned green substance.

the history of the American people 1525-1575
King Ouzzo II led a short life reigning over the American people
( due to a very busy working day and night :D sorry)
In his time the American people chose to continue war against the nasty egyptians and russians.
however the war turned into an economic war due lack of numerous fighting troops on the batte field.
King Ouzzo chose to have a second loading point for supplies to our troops in the battlefield from the city of Atlanta.
Alas he will not live to see the fleet that he had upgraded reach atalanta. ( see units are so slow)
HOwever some ships are still transferring our troops Richmond from where they take a very long land trip to reach the battle grounds.
Egypt counter attacked with numerous chariots and swordsmen until elite commandoes ( Kights and cavelery ) manged to gain control over Egypts Iron and Horses.
Overall the Army under King Ouzzos Rule manged to raze elephantine and two other cities for Egypt.
captured one city from Russia
Cut Egypt off From its grapes causing it to fall temporarly into disorder.
Capture the egyptian City of Lisht to use as a healing ground.
Attack Thebes to terify Cleopatra ( try to heal the units there and keep control of the IRON and Horses )

On the Home front King Ouzzo II did not have much effect except he focuse production on the army. We need to outnumber the egyptians so we can handle two fronts.
He automated the rest of the workers ( sorry but I thought they can fare for themselves.)
Our scientists have discovered magentism and are trying to research a strange science doing with earch pulling materials to it. they say it will move us into an entire new age!!

King OuzzoII before he died said " tell my successor to concentrate on Egypt...Russia can wait and they are weak...send commandoes for egypts last luxury...it will help bring them down quicker...attack in number..they must..."
He died so young and went to his ISO GOD to face him for playing CIV III after work at 3 am while he should sleep to continue tommorow aghh.
:D :D :D

Almost forgot it *YAWN*
:crazyeyes

ok, ill make a GFC 2 when we win this one, what civ should we be? I was thinking the Persians because I have never been them and everybody always talks about immortals. We could be american again. What do you guys think? Charliehoke is up. :)

I've got it and I'll post hopefully tonight but maybe tomorrow night. I'll do my best - I have to admit I'm not too experienced at late game conquest. Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

good luck charliehoke. It looks like this game is winding down. They'll be lucky if we go one more round. Can't wait to start GFC 2. Looking forward to seeing your turns charliehoke.

Persia would be good, although there is nothing immortal about the Immortals.

Yes, I know, but they do have a distinct advantage early on. They are the only unit that can beat down greek hoplites with consistency. In this game, we will never get to use and F-15 :(

In the next game, however, if we were Persia, we would definately get to use Immortals. I am still open to any suggestions.

I'm probably not going to be able to post until tomorrow sorry. By the way, call me Charlie :D I've got to learn not to use my real name for these boards.

As for our next game, I'm pretty open to suggestions, but I wouldn't mind Japanese or Chinese only because I've never tried them before. :goodjob:

Here is the game! I'll post the report tomorrow, but it's pretty basic. I played 9 turns. Thebes has fallen. Both the Egyptians and Russians have 4 cities each. I razed 10 cities in 9 turns. It's just mop-up from here. A note to the next player, all the workers on the old continent are automated, and all the units are moving to staging points near New York and Denver. Have fun!

:die!:

What's left:

Attachments

• whatsleft.jpg
    whatsleft.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 137
Originally posted by charliehoke
I've got it and I'll post hopefully tonight but maybe tomorrow night. I'll do my best - I have to admit I'm not too experienced at late game conquest. Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

Raising 10 cities and your not experianced, Charlie that was a very good late game conquest.:goodjob:

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
ok, ill make a GFC 2 when we win this one, what civ should we be? I was thinking the Persians because I have never been them and everybody always talks about immortals. We could be american again. What do you guys think? Charliehoke is up. :)

Should we target a conquest Victory again ?
I would like to change and build an empire that extends to corruptionless cities. play world cop. and maybe reach Alpha Centuri over, overwhelm the world with culture or even just Histo gram .
Dont mind some wars for recources:rocket: :king:
or even a nuclear war if we fail to get culture or space race wins.

:rocket2: :satan:
I also think we need more Civs' with us next time

Whats ur opinion ? This may shape what civ attributes we need. and what kind of map we use.:D

I'm not going to post a more detailed summary, since the game is pretty much over. Whoever is next, finish it off! :king:

Top Bottom