American Civil War: 2005-Normal Map-REVISED

ok

also, looking at the map, a suggestion: divide the counrty into democrat faction where US is, republicans in south, texas, and montana, and leave california and alaska independent under a new cultural group (independents)

though cal is dem and alask is rep, they're too far away to remain close to their party factions, and besides california has arnold as gov.

No. I like Texas independant...Texas is indepednat (take it from a Texan) and not partisian. Wait...no you mean make all the Reps. one Civ or a culture/flavor cuase I did use flavor.

i meant one civ, because the reason for this civil war is partisan politics, and you would expect that a war cause by politics would split along political lines

besides its too easy to play as the US with only Canada as a serious, immediate rival, especially when they're busy trying to reclaim Quebec and the Maritime Provinces

edit- when i modified the scn along these lines i changed pres for the republicans to Bush, makes texan-southern unity more probable

Did you play it? Also if the US began to fall apart Texas WOULD NOT join the South and Montana is too anti-south to join the South...I might make a variant like that though. I'm thinking about putting Texas and Montana at war with US as well since the US would try and reclaim them.

Ill take your word for it, I honestly don't know

lock them all at war with the US, but make the three in separate alliances, so they can still fight one another

that will only work if you are willing to abandon your canadian-independent war

has anyone developed a mod allowing for more than 4 alliance groupings yet?

General Update~
Right no I'm work on Deluxe V. 4.0, which will amongst other things include:
Air Unit Bombing animations;
Custom Diplomacy Script;
Custom Era Splashes;
Maybe custom sounds;
Full Civlopedia with working icons;
Improved Tech tree
and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Right not I've added Air unit bombings and civlopedia.

That isn't a problem for you since it runs off of your terrain graphics; but yes I did fix mine somehow...I think I used Image convertor.

I have been playing this for a couple days now, as U.S.. The idea is great! My problem is ignorance of advances/governments. Is there a website you know of that explains any of the governments historically? This isn't one of my areas of expertise... (read: clueless! :confused: ) I like the fact that the AI are bastards, they'll just declare war on you for no good reason, even with treaties in effect. Just like real politics! Anyway, great work, I look forward to the update!

I'm working on a Civlopedia for it. The advances are pretty stright forward (I think). I'm glad you like it and I'm glad its lasted for a couple of days :D

General Update~
I've learned how to line the tech tree better (my program was using inches not pixels...I fixed that :)) and I've made some new tech Icons. I'll have a BETTER version up soon; it really won't change the game play but make the interface easier (ex. tech tree arrows, Civilopedia entries, etc).

dharmabum06...could you post a review of this in the reviews thread please?
General Update~ (I'm doing things the EJ way!)
--Tech Tree now has custom tech icons.
--Govs have civilopedia entires.
In progress:
--Tech Tree line up with arrows
--Civilopedia of ALL units, advances, civs and gov
--Possibly a unit_32 file
--Looking into the use of Ares Terrain and my improved terrainbuildings.

Down loaded the latest version and it plays great. I have played as South, Texas, and Canada and all play well. I have a question about the Blackhawk Helicopter. It loads, but I must be doing something wrong as the units I load will not air drop anywhere except the city where I built helicopter. I can't get helicopter to go anywhere. It is probably me, but what am I doing wrong. I would have thought I could air drop behind an enemies lines.

Actually I noticed the helicopter bug but didn't figure out how to fix it; thanks for playing! And next version will have a working helicopter.

Looking forward to the next version.
Thanks

Top Bottom