American Civil War: Union and Confederate Armies

You've made three types of wonderful Zouaves (especial, Louisiana Tigers)!This has never happened before,I mean,you are the discoverer of the Zouave units' line here!Congratulations!!!I was just thinking how I can put the unit in my scenario so that it looked like a Zouave:clap:Wish you success in your difficult and very necessary to us all work! I will look forward to your future packs! :hatsoff:

You have expressed all shades of uniforms of that time, take even a militia shakos and epaulets!And the Cavalry with Henry repeating rifle!Very nice!:bowdown:I'm not american too,but I think that some people (like you) can know about the history of other countries more than their citizens!!!!

Bathyskaff, it's kinda rude to multiple post like that. Use the edit button, please.

nice pack as always.
Are they civ colored?

All the horse units are civ colored, some artillery units too (in the Run Anomation)
and some foot units. The others are so characteristics that I think dont'need a civ coloration, and I dont'am a fan of unit with civ colors.

imperator you are right, and myself questioned me this statement for a long time, but there are few cases which seem not to fit here. what if there is a rebellion, and when rebel units lack (because they are not created, mostly semi eqquipped units) one cannot distuinguish the units in battle. so maybe in the distant future you have some time to make a few rebels for each civilisation. off course they can be also new units...am i right or left??

@Bathyskaff: Goldflash meant you should edit your post instead of posting 3 times.
@Jerry'sGoldfish: I didn't get a word, I hope imperator1961 did. Anyway I don't see how people could mistake any union unit for a confederate unit... if you look at the first page, they have very distinctive looks.

@Bathyskaff: Goldflash meant you should edit your post instead of posting 3 times.
Yeah,man,I've got it:) I just wanted to emphasize certain aspects of this pack,'coz when you post all your questions in one post,you get an answer only to the last thought of the message :)

Yeah,man,I've got it:) I just wanted to emphasize certain aspects of this pack,'coz when you post all your questions in one post,you get an answer only to the last thought of the message :)

Not from most of us. ;)

-Oz

themanuneed, ma friend i speak about medieval armies not the uniform period, so one might have byzantine army unit list and the other one an army of mercenaries, levies and a core of desertes, maybe undereqquipped, or not... maybe i ask too much for the moment but in the future it could work, by adding unit types for each province, and once u conquer a city u might have acces to the specific units found there, so the menu can be varried and depending on your skill to play the number of different units.

... The others are so characteristics that I think dont'need a civ coloration, ...
Anyway I don't see how people could mistake any union unit for a confederate unit... if you look at the first page, they have very distinctive looks.
imperator you are right, and myself questioned me this statement for a long time, but there are few cases which seem not to fit here. what if ...
Units sometimes get used in ways the creator didn't for see. In the case of these, for example, in alternate history scenarios. Even in historical scenarios. Zouaves were in the armies of more than just the two countries involved in the ACW. In those cases civ-color is useful.
and I dont'am a fan of unit with civ colors.
And that - of course - is the telling factor. Far better to have such units. Happy creators = more variety.

i have followed this conversation before and i may suggest a middle way - the unit must not be civilisation coloured beyond necessity, maybe there could be some spots or cloth parts placed at strategic points around the unit, maybe even reduced to one or two where the player might see the civilisation colour, the rest could be normal coloured (not civilisation coloured)...:think:

I could really use some of these units in a civ colored version, not taking away from the historical accuracy of the uniform. Maybe civ colored belt or sheath or ammo pouch.
Specifically
-The Confederate Infantry Early War
-Union US African American Infantry
-Union Infantry Early War

and a few civs of mine could use a generic version of
-Zouave Early War
-Militia

But that's just me. :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention.......why didn't you make Gatling Gun units for this pack?

I've made a Gatling Gun for the Wild Wild West, and I think it could fit also for the Civil War units. Efen if I have in mind a Gatling Gun with tripod onboard a wagon.....

I've made a Gatling Gun for the Wild Wild West, and I think it could fit also for the Civil War units. Efen if I have in mind a Gatling Gun with tripod onboard a wagon.....

Without wishing to weigh in on the overall question of Civ-coloring, the Gatling is an example where one might dare hope for it, as it is (IMHO, at Civ scale) close enough to the French mitrailleuse that Civ coloring would let it see European use from 1870 through the early 20th century.

Respectfully,

Oz

Attachments

• franco-prussian-war-mitrailleuse.jpg
    franco-prussian-war-mitrailleuse.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom