1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

American culture

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by amaterasu, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Shooting from the lip....

Surely 'American Culture' is an oxymoron? :mischief:

2. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Chieftain

Ok, screw you and every other nonAmerican (and American) that thinks the US has no culture.

3. mrt144

mrt144 Chieftain

you should tell her to liberate her anal hair then...

also, your leftist english speaking aryan hindu hating strawmen are getting kinda old.

4. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Wheres fast food restaurants and Hollywood movies, theres American culture. Its everywhere (hmm maybe except some African villages or jungles in Amazonia)

5. mrt144

mrt144 Chieftain

so conscious that they burn women who cause dishonor?

Moderator Action: Trolling.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

Ironically enough, the idea that America had no culture is also a product of America culture.

7. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

Your consistent stalking of my posts is getting eerie......

8. mrt144

mrt144 Chieftain

what is a firefighter without fires? if you could stop being some kind of propaganda *insult* for hindu nationalism for at least 1 thread, i wouldnt put out your fire all the time.

9. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

I am wondering, if skyscrapers should be called as American architecture?

10. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

American culture
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_States

I think America does have culture and i think American culture is everywhere around the world

11. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

You're the person who is afflicted with delusion.

The responses I posted in this thread have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Hindutva or Hindu nationalism. I'd also like to make it clear that I don't really subscribe to any one ideology, like I used to earlier.

You are seeing phantoms created by your own brain. Get over it.

Moderator Action: Flaming. Did you have to retalitate? Report it.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

12. Little Raven

Little Raven On Walkabout

I'm sure this is my American values showing through, but...couldn't you just move?

13. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

We were sitting in a group, four facing the girl's crack, and the others facing us. How could we all move just because on girl decided to expose her rather repulsive anal hair?

Grin and bear it - that's what men have to do nowadays. ;)

14. mrt144

mrt144 Chieftain

anything that is against english speaking educated people who find their cultural origin wacky is inherently hindu nationalism.

15. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

It isn't. Don't pretend to understand things as complex as Indian politics and society from such a distance, with such a warped view.

16. King Alexander

King Alexander Universe explorer

As a non-USAmerican, I'd have to say it's pretty strong around everywhere in the world, even among USA' enemies.

Anyway, it has it's good and bad influence, imho.

17. woody60707

woody60707 Chieftain

If this was Civ 4, America would be well on it's way of winning a culture victory by now.

I have a few friends over seas. And I can always talk to them about new movie, music, ect, that came out.

It's also helps a lot that most widely spoken (1st or 2nd) language around the world is English. Or maybe it's the other way around.

18. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Couldn't you have asked her to move? That's a bit direct, but that's what I would have done - if the ass was as hairy as I imagine.

I was at a bar in Calgary with my buddy once - we were there for beers and to watch a soccer game. Right in front of us there was a couple - a girl and a guy.. the girl was facing away from us - towards the big screen TV. This was distracting because... her ass was hanging out. Now, don't get me wrong, it was very nice.. but it was very distracting - we couldn't help it but look and laugh about it.

It was so funny, in fact, that on our way out I stopped beside her, put my arm around her, and said "Miss, your ass is hanging out".. and what does she say? "Thank you!".. I don't think I've ever heard my friend laugh so hard, on our way out of that place.

So yeah, whatever, I realize that usually this would result in a slap - but I was fully expecting one and was ready for it. If somebody is being inconsiderate - call them on it. It might backfire, but hey.. wahtever.

19. LordRahl

LordRahl The Objectivist

American culture is everywhere in the world, and America is one of the most cultured nations out there. People claiming otherwise are confused by the ignorant farmers from the MidWest (all countries have the likes of them). Look to the cities instead - New York is cultural capital of the world. The reason is simple - capitalism. People are richer, don't have to waste their time working in the field and have more time to create, enjoy art instead (books, movies, paintings). Also - more money = more endorsements for upcoming artists - think Renaissance period Italy.

A perfect example of prevalence of everything American is Al Queada guys wearing Nikes...

20. aneeshm

aneeshm Chieftain

That's partially true, but it ignores a whole load of other reasons for American cultural dominance.