American Independence War 1775 - 1783

Hunterkiller

Chieftain
Hello Civ3-community,

This is my completed scenario "American Independence War 1775 - 1783".

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Its a very detailed and historic accurate scenario about the war between the American Alliance (American Colonists & Vermont) and the British Alliance (Great Britain, Iroquois, Odawa & Shawnee).

Spoiler :

This Scenario is based on an old and unfinished Scenario from El Justo & viper275:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96793&highlight=russia

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Updates:
Update 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3: New Civilizations (Algeria / Morocco) / New Units / New Leaderheads / Bigger Map (Bahamas)

Special Thanks to:
Sandris (Units), Bathyskaff (Leaderheads), Vuldacon (Resources / Leaderheads), Aaglo (Units), Kyriakos (City Graphics) and Snoopy (Terrain Graphics).

Scenario Download Link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/american-independence-war-1775-1783.25881/

Civ3-Noraze-Exe-File:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327919

Snoopy's Terrain Graphics:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/snoopys-terrain-graphics-v4-5-for-civ3-conquests-c3c.68702/

Have Fun! :)

Attachments

• ScenarioPicture1.jpg
    ScenarioPicture1.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 2,835
  • ScenarioPicture2.jpg
    ScenarioPicture2.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 2,756
  • ScenarioPicture3.jpg
    ScenarioPicture3.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 2,793
  • ScenarioPicture4.jpg
    ScenarioPicture4.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 2,714
  • ScenarioPicture5.jpg
    ScenarioPicture5.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 3,279
Last edited:
Welcome here Hunterkiller! I'm downloading it and will try it ASAP to see what you came up with. I don't have much time for detailed feedback but I will try to check if the basics are OK (game crash, pedia icons, etc.).

EDIT: I just tried starting the scenario and already have a small bug: both leaders are named George Washington. BTW George Washington was an english general serving the King of England right? ;)

Spoiler :

Attachments

• George Washington.jpg
    George Washington.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 3,253
Here are some screenshots of the scenario!

And I only want to give everybody some advices for this scenario:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- The British Alliance (60 cities) is more powerful than the American Alliance (50 cities) at the beginning.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

- The American Alliance will loose about 5 - 15 cities due to this fact on the British Alliance. But please dont worry.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

- France will declare war on the British Alliance after 17 rounds and Spain will declare war on the British Alliance after 22 rounds.

- Holdout 17 rounds if you play the American Alliance and than you can reconquer all your lost cities from the British Alliance.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

- War-Triggerunits at the map will cause this War-Declarations.

Spoiler :

- Great Britain will attack the American Alliance with 3 Armys from 3 different directions (North, East and South):

Spoiler :

- The American Colonists have 2 Armys to prevent this strong attack: George Washington & Charles Lee

- The American Colonists have 3 Luxury Resources (Tobaco, Sugarcane and Cotton). Trade them with France, Spain and Portugal and you will get a lot of additional money.

Spoiler :

- The American Colonists have one special unit: The American Sharpshooter, which is a very strong and smart unit

It gets respawned all 4 rounds at Philadelphia and Snows Island.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Great Britain has one special unit: The Hessian (Soldier), which is a strong unit.

It gets respawned all 4 rounds at London and Liverpool.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14292576#post14292576

Attachments

• ScenarioPicture14.jpg
    ScenarioPicture14.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 410
  • ScenarioPicture4.jpg
    ScenarioPicture4.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3,039
  • ScenarioPicture7.jpg
    ScenarioPicture7.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 3,082
  • ScenarioPicture12.jpg
    ScenarioPicture12.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 3,069
  • ScenarioPicture17.jpg
    ScenarioPicture17.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 3,057
  • ScenarioPicture10.jpg
    ScenarioPicture10.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 3,052
  • ScenarioPicture3.jpg
    ScenarioPicture3.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 3,067
  • ScenarioPicture18.jpg
    ScenarioPicture18.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 3,041
  • ScenarioPicture19.jpg
    ScenarioPicture19.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 3,069
  • ScenarioPicture21.jpg
    ScenarioPicture21.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 2,941
you should put the content of the CivilopediaIconsUnits-folder in the Civ3-Conquests-Civilopedia-folder.

:nono: You should have put them in the scenario folder in AmericanIndependenceWar\Art\Civilopedia\Icons

A few remarks now:
Spoiler :
Too many Hiawatha leaderheads. When three guys with the same head ask you for some trade in the same turn, you don't know who's who.
King George III looks like a woman... wait... is it you Lizzie ? Same for the King of France. Speaking of France...

Spoiler :
This is the Napoleonic flag, it doesn't fit well for Louis XV.

Spoiler :
I'm french and have absolutely no idea what Masseube or Champniers are. Toulouse is a big city in the southwest of France and could replace the first one. You may find something better for the second one too.

Spoiler :
For some reason the captured canons turn into workers, I have never seen that before. There must be something wrong in the units settings.
Yes, as you can see, after a few turns I've been able to take one city but the British army coming from the north is giving me shivers... I think I can deal with those around New York in a short time. Those canons are kicking a$$es!

Spoiler :
The unit_32 file needs some more work. A bit of C'n'P and you're done!

Spoiler :
The tech tree needs a loooot more work. You're using the standard tech tree, some units were deleted so there are empty boxes shrunken down everywhere, and you don't need the modern era in this scenario especially with nothing to get from it.

That's it for today! Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• France.jpg
    France.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 3,087
  • French flag.jpg
    French flag.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 3,152
  • Leaders.jpg
    Leaders.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 3,155
  • Captured worker.jpg
    Captured worker.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 3,089
  • Tech tree.jpg
    Tech tree.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 3,106
  • units_32.jpg
    units_32.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 3,057
Ok I reworked all the bugs you reported me and uploaded the files again.

Only the reworking of the embarrassing Cannon-Worker-Bug wasn't successful yet. But I am still working hard on this bug.

I have only one question: How can I spoiler a picture in my text?

By adding [spoiler][/spoiler] tags around them.

As for the Cannons turning into Workers, this is because they require a population point to build, much like how Settlers turn into Workers in the unmodded game.

As for the Cannons turning into Workers, this is because they require a population point to build, much like how Settlers turn into Workers in the unmodded game.

I didn't know that, it's always nice to learn something. Thank you Virote :)

I'm really enjoying this game right no (although that could be because I'm winning pretty easily)
Some things:
I'm playing a the British and I think its far too easy to beat the Americans. It took until Turn 28 for the French to declare war on me (due to the triggerunits), and they mounted little attack, with myself swiftly taking over several of their mainland cities. Currently the Americans only have 13 cities left, something which wasn't too hard. The British Trapper units are far too effective, four have mine have defeated many units and taken many cities due to their lethal bombardment capabilities. While I produced many units in my mainland and colonial holdings quickly which could then be transported by galleon, the Americans were very slow and ineffective in producing units on mass; thus they couldn't mount any counter-offensives.

Despite this, Hunterkiller, you deserve much credit for making an excellent historical scenario - one of the few remaining on CivFanatics that still work. Thank you, Hunterkiller!

Thank you for this compliment and your feedback Apollo12!

Due to your feedback I reworked the scenario and made:

- France stronger and more annoying for Great Britain

- The American Colonists use stronger Defense-Units

- The British Trapperunit looses his Bombard-Ability

- The War-Triggerunits will cause the French-British-Wardeclaration after 18 rounds now.

Thank you again for your feedback.

I reworked a huge Scenariobug, which I saw in the Debugmode:

- The American Colonists always attacked the Shawnee-Cities with all units they had, instead of attacking Great Britains invasion-units.

Spoiler :

I added an invisible barrier called "Appalachian Forest" near the Shawnee-territory to prevent this very stupid behavior of the American Colonists.

- The American Colonists have now one ally: Vermont Republic

Spoiler :

- The Odawa are now a member of the British Alliance.

- France will declare war on the British Alliance after 17 rounds and Spain after 22 rounds, which will cause troubles for Great Britain in England.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• ScenarioPicture22.jpg
    ScenarioPicture22.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 2,929
  • ScenarioPicture23.jpg
    ScenarioPicture23.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 2,959
  • ScenarioPicture20.jpg
    ScenarioPicture20.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 2,939
I made France and the American Colonists a bit stronger.

I added two new Leaderheads to the Scenario.

Spoiler :

I also made the weak Civilisation playable for Humans: Portugal, Huron, Mississauga and Seminole.

Attachments

• Leaderheads.jpg
    Leaderheads.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,624
Last edited:
The files are attached to my first Post of this Thread.

There are 3 files to download: AmericanIndependenceWar.rar, Units1.rar & Units2.rar. You need all 3 files. :high5:

Top Bottom