American Respect....

Do you feel America is more/less respected today than a couple years ago?

• Total voters
Did Bush pick them, or did they pick Bush?

Still, were it not for the Swift Boat Veterans for taking Vietcong money to shoot Americans in the Back group, Kerry might have won.

Did Bush pick them, or did they pick Bush?

I would have to say Bush picked them.

Still, were it not for the Swift Boat Veterans for taking Vietcong money to shoot Americans in the Back group, Kerry might have won.

Nah. /10 chars.

That would be before it became obvious that Bush and the Republicommies collapsed global capitalism.
Capitalism did not collapse. A few banks did. The bank where I have my credit cards is one of the many that did not collapse. (Instead it bought some of the crashed ones, so at this moment my bank probably owns yours)

I dont necessarily disagree with you about 'being there', but we do live in a modern age where the media of those other countries (not to mention ours) is readily had via the internet. Also, we have a wide choice in world media outlets that also run stories about foreign countries, so one could certainly get a flavor of the taste of that opinion at the very least.
Yeah, one could get any kind of flavour he likes, depending on the flavour he's looking for. The media is a very unreliable source for the opinion of a population as large as "the rest of the world"

It would take quite a vigorous and lengthy study to draw any kind of conclusion from that, and I know that almost none will make that effort. We're talking gutfeeling here. And we back that up by choosing the kind of media we know will back that up.

I try not to base my opinion of America and Americans on American media. The respect I have now for America would most likely completely disappear if I did. I fail at that more often than I'd like though. But I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard ;)
you're trusting a poll about how we believe how other people perceive b.o. as representative of the true perception the world has on b.o.?
I also see no method on the polling, so I'm guessing it's my beloved kind of polling, the telephone polling. Now telephone polling is quite unreliable, as are most other methods of polling if you're not extremely careful but selective quoting and acting like there's a trustworthy conclusion to be drawn is simple misinformation.

From Wikip
In Europe, Bill Clinton remains popular, especially in a large part of the Balkans and in Ireland. In Pristina, Kosovo, a five-story picture of the former president was permanently engraved into the side of the tallest building in the province as a token of gratitude for Clinton's support during the crisis in Kosovo.[174] A statue of Clinton was also built[175] and a road was named Clinton Boulevard.[176]

Obama has not been in long enough yet but he is moving things in the right direction

Then apparently he was far worse than Bush at least in that aspect...

No, Bush and his Repubican side kicks stole the elections from Kerry's nose.

VRWCAgent@
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is one of my favourite books.
More should be written like it so people can understand the USA

VRWCAgent@
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is one of my favourite books.
More should be written like it so people can understand the USA

Hey and here I thought it was a story about an anarchist society on the moon.

Ha, can I join the nerd circle? :mischief:

When reading books like the above mentioned, I usually root for Earth - for some reason stories about heroic colonists revolting against their homeland (or homeworld) don't appeal to me...

Laws appear to be coming in at the end

Winner@
What do you think Avatar is about
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is about frontier society and as such has nothing to do with the US and how the world views it or maybe it does

The part I liked the most is when the colonists fire a projectile at Earth to prove they have the capability and tell the Terrans exactly where it is going to hit - and the Terrans gather at the place to prove there is no threat... and they die :lol:

In the past year or so I have come to regard the Republicans as idiots, and the Democrats as cowards

Winner@
They were Young Earth Creationists

Top Bottom