American UA

Abremms

Prince
I think all of the current UA's are pretty decent in thier own way, some could maybe use a tweak but they all work fairly well. however, it is my opinion that the American UA is farily useless (land units +1 sight and -50% cost when buying tiles). I would like to change it. I'm still quite the novice when it comes to modding, so I'm not sure what can and cannot be done. I would like to start a discussion to determine what CAN be done with the LUA and XML, and also to get some Ideas and feedback on what a good new UA would be.

here is one idea i had:

Sleeping Giant: Increases production by 25% when someone declares war on you.

I think that that probably isn't possible without the DLL, but i'm not sure. it also might be something that works better for a 2nd American leader like Roosevelt.

any thoughts?

There was some discussion about the limitations of XML as far as trait modding is concerned in this thread. LUA may be a better option, but unfortunately I'm not expert on that.

Thing is the XML that revolves around traits is rather inflexible. It was apparently designed almost exclusively with the default ones in mind (not exactly a pro-modding choice), so you've to work with twists of the existing unique abilities or parts of them.

Until the source code is released, the stuff listed in the schema is all we have. You may be able to twist the choices we have to reflect that.

Top Bottom