American Universities will now be all white and Asian

Look to Norway.

No, seriously. Education is free, even for foreigners.

Education is free here as well.
However it would make sense to not allow people to keep student status if they fail to graduate after a number of years. Iirc it now is a set amount, but still large, while in the past one could literally stay as a student forever. In the UK, by contrast, if you failed to graduate for a second time you were kicked out of the uni. Imo allowing for 2 or at most 3 years over the normal course, for graduation, makes sense (ie 2 or 3 failures).
Alternatively, it could make sense to have fees for those who fail for more than a set number of times. I do support free uni education, though.

First, the student loans come with 10% APR, second, it cannot be forgiven even if you declare bankruptcy.
Link:https://supersavingtips.com/bankruptcy-discharge/.
See? Students loans cannot be canceled by bankruptcy.
If you learn a trade, it might not earn you much, but you wouldn't be indebted for life.

Or you could just live in a reasonable country where receiving higher education doesn't **** you over for the rest of your professiona life :lol:

We should reduce the cost and make the state pay for all of it. We're long past the inflection point between college being purely a luxury for the rich to it being a basic necessity to climb most corporate ladders. It should therefore be freely available to everyone who wants to go up to the point where they flunk out.

There's no clear reason why it's viewed/practiced as a necessity to climb ladders. Along with health care the cost increase relative to how costs have increased in other things is flagrantly excessive. Is this really the most efficient way to have people attain and begin to utilize practical skills? I doubt it's even close.

Inflation-adjusted tuition is several times more expensive than it was in the 1970's...despite that information should be more readily available now than before.

I'm not buying the "quality school" argument either. Accredited universities will cover broadly the same topics in a given major. However the value between something like physics or engineering vs social sciences/art on average should be obvious.

Anyway I don't see how removing discrimination per OP is a bad thing.

You'd certainly have fewer protests and other nonsense if Asians took over the Colleges and drove away all the black, brown and white people.

What a creative way to admit you were incredibly racist all along.

Didn't you hear the good news? Equality means it's well-deserved if entire demographics lack representation and opportunity.

Or you could just live in a reasonable country where receiving higher education doesn't **** you over for the rest of your professiona life :lol:
Sure, I am not étatsunien (pardon my French). I came to US for graduate school and I was supported with stipends. So no US tuition for me. Even in US, there are many options not to bankrupt yourself. Basically you will try your best to qualify for scholarships and awards. The problem is that people should give up the outdated babyboomer's idea about college diploma as a gilded certificate to success.
You'd certainly have fewer protests and other nonsense if Asians took over the Colleges and drove away all the black, brown and white people.
The bad thing is, the East Asian mentality is that studying hard is the gateway to bureaucratic posts. These kinds of success would lead to anti-business bureaucracy. They are not interested in modern students union and protests and rallies, but they are not the pro-business entrepreneur either.

Last edited:
Didn't you hear the good news? Equality means it's well-deserved if entire demographics lack representation and opportunity.

The real victims of discrimination in college admissions look like this, obviously:
upload_2018-7-5_11-55-4.png

But they can have representation, they just have to work for it. Do you think they're not intelligent enough to make it without help?

The problem is that people should give up the outdated babyboomer's idea about college diploma as a gilded certificate to success.

This is easy to say, but not easy to do when the majority of employment is predicated on degree-holding.

"Just get into a trade," likewise, is wholly unhelpful as a recommendation as the unions often limit entrants to an arbitrarily strict degree. There are millions of people who need education in Washington, for example, yet some trades only accept 8-12 people per year.

Education beyond high school is a necessity. If you are successful without it, you are the exception, not the rule.

But they can have representation, they just have to work for it. Do you think they're not intelligent enough to make it without help?

Guess slaves were slaves because they were lazy. Sad.

"Just get into a trade," likewise, is wholly unhelpful as a recommendation as the unions often limit entrants to an arbitrarily strict degree. There are millions of people who need education in Washington, for example, yet some trades only accept 8-12 people per year.

I know for a fact that my union generally uses nepotism to decide who will get to enter our trades.

Education beyond high school is a necessity. If you are successful without it, you are the exception, not the rule.

True, but we are talking about more dire situation. A burger flipper without college degree is better than a burger flipper deep in students' debt. We're not even close to success.

Guess slaves were slaves because they were lazy. Sad.
Well, Slaves were many things, but surely not lazy - their masters made sure of that.

But yeah, if Asians from similar backgrounds can do it, why not black people? That's an honest question; I agree that it's unfair to come from a disadvantaged position and having to work harder as a result, but why do you think that the result would be that black people fail completely at working harder?

Well, Slaves were many things, but surely not lazy - their masters made sure of that.

But yeah, if Asians from similar backgrounds can do it, why not black people? That's an honest question; I agree that it's unfair to come from a disadvantaged position and having to work harder as a result, but why do you think that the result would be that black people fail completely at working harder?

The black already had historically work harder than most of people in the cotton field. There's no way they can't work harder than others.
The problem is, education is not equal. People live in the poor neighborhood have poor access to educational resources.
Newer Asian immigrants (for example, China and India) are college educated by default, and are either rich (to afford US education easily) or intelligent (to get scholarship). Their children had a head start comparing to average American.

Because it isn't dependent on how hard you work. This is a society where there are people alive, today, that had to deal with the threat of being lynched or chased out of town simply by virtue of having a different skin colour. Simply being black is a threat to one's safety or livelihood. That people of certain Asian descent didn't suffer this same misery is irrelevant to the point; the point being that there are demographics which are at a disadvantage by no doing of their own. Applying in-a-vacuum policies to people who don't exist in a vacuum is mostly naive, bordering on intentionally harmful.

Because it isn't dependent on how hard you work. This is a society where there are people alive, today, that had to deal with the threat of being lynched or chased out of town simply by virtue of having a different skin colour. Simply being black is a threat to one's safety or livelihood.
What does the life experience of 70yo black people have to do with young students in today's society?

/edit:

The black already had historically work harder than most of people in the cotton field. There's no way they can't work harder than others.
The problem is, education is not equal. People live in the poor neighborhood have poor access to educational resources.
Newer Asian immigrants (for example, China and India) are college educated by default, and are either rich (to afford US education easily) or intelligent (to get scholarship). Their children had a head start comparing to average American.

That's actually a good answer though!

Actually it is not about race itself--recent African immigrants fare better than African-Americans. It is all biased sampling, because only those with better credentials can migrate to USA. Of course they carry better skills than average American.
Problem is, how to help the disadvantaged groups of people in US, yes, including poor whites.

Making school funding not depend on the wealth of the area that surrounds them would be a good starting poilt - right at the very beginning, instead of giving people access to colleges that they'd normally not be suited for!

Top Bottom