1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Americas - a game of colonization

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Krito and the Stoker, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Krito and the Stoker

Krito and the Stoker Chieftain

Hello everyone,

We are currently developing a remake of Colonization (1994) and want to present our current development version to anyone interested. It is free and runs in a browser and you can play it at https://play-americas.com right away (no sign up, no spam, no nothing).

If you have played Colonization you will find lots of almost exact similarities as well as many features missing. Some are simply not implemented yet and some will probably change heavily. The probably most obvious change we already committed to is the decision to not make it a turn based game. There are many small changes that come with that decision and some others we just felt we want.

So check it out and give us a brief feedback. For us it is extremely valuable to know what you think and if you like it just play the hell out of it!

2. Quarz

Quarz Chieftain

It seems to be some real-time Colonization game on browswer.... yay, just what i need. I played around a bit, and its looking pretty much like the good old Col, which i really loved. I'll give it a longer shot next weeks.

Is there any quick way to find out, what profession my colonists are? The icons/cards are different, but I could not find out how to know what is shown there. The one with the cross... is that missionary? Jesuite? Preacher? How I can know without trying around a lot?

3. Krito and the Stoker

Exactly!

Yes you are right, there is currently no way to find out. We have put it on our list for improvement :)
    Thanks for the feedback!

4. Krito and the Stoker

Hello there,

we made some significant progress last week!

-Unit-descriptions are now printed in the lower left corner of the screeen, so you know what Unit you´re controlling, what goods ships are transporting and so on...

-We added an automated trade-route system. Which allows to mark certain goods in your colonies as supply or demand. Just hit "T" on a Ship or Wagontrain to start automated exchange of googs between colonies.

-We up-scaled our map to super large (you might need some patience now to find land.)

-Production on colony-tiles reduced. You need to spread to more colonies!

-Construction of buildings slowed down to half

-Notifaction-System added

-Performamce improvements

Give it a try!
    We can´t wait for any feedback!
    https://play-americas.com

5. Krito and the Stoker

Hey,

we got some updates this week:

- added natives to our map. They act rather passive, but hey- they are there now!
    - added a basic combat-system. You´ll see an attack radius around fighting-units now
    - did some polishing on colonies
    - changed grapics for plowed tiles

Check it out!

6. Krito and the Stoker

New update release:

-added short contextual tutorial videos into the game. Introducing controls and core game mechanics to the new player
    -improved the automatoc trade-route system: you now can designate colonies as transport hubs. Especially usefull to properly connect inland colonies to your trade network
    -experimental balancing: in townhall producing of politic-points (formerly known as "freedom-bells") now consumes gold. This introduces maintainment costs for bigger and more efficient colonies