America's guide to living under authoritarianism

H0Xb861.jpg

Wasn't civilians that took on the US.

Vietcong had training and state support.

They also got decimated and the NVA did a lot of the heavy lifting especially in the latter half of the war.

They also had modern weapon systems including jet fighters supplied by the USSR. At one point they were shooting down more US planes than they were losing.

So yeah national force plus militia plus outside support of a super power and major nation preventing shipments of weapons being blocked by the USN.

Pesant rebellions usually fail often horrifically. Even when they succeed it's often due to outside support or the army changes sides.

Wasn't civilians that took on the US.

Vietcong had training and state support.

They also got decimated and the NVA did a lot of the heavy lifting especially in the latter half of the war.

They also had modern weapon systems including jet fighters supplied by the USSR. At one point they were shooting down more US planes than they were losing.

So yeah national force plus militia plus outside support of a super power and major nation preventing shipments of weapons being blocked by the USN.

Pesant rebellions usually fail often horrifically. Even when they succeed it's often due to outside support or the army changes sides.
You do realise you're proving the point of the image with this? Mobilising greater support for the causes of the working class is the point. Whether this is done through a restructuring of armed working-class movements, or by getting the army to defect to the cause of the working class, the end result is the same. Solidarity with the working classes against any theoretical or actual harm from the state.

You do realise you're proving the point of the image with this? Mobilising greater support for the causes of the working class is the point. Whether this is done through a restructuring of armed working-class movements, or by getting the army to defect to the cause of the working class, the end result is the same. Solidarity with the working classes against any theoretical or actual harm from the state.

After the war the state inflicted a fair bit of harm in the civilians causing boat people.

After the war the state inflicted a fair bit of harm in the civilians causing boat people.
Okaaaaaay?

I mean I'm assuming this means something other than "more bad things happened in the past, therefore nothing good can ever come of this approach in the future". I could be wrong :p

Okaaaaaay?

I mean I'm assuming this means something other than "more bad things happened in the past, therefore nothing good can ever come of this approach in the future". I could be wrong :p

More like you kill a lot if people short term and make things worse long term.

Russia for example still hasn't recovered from 1917.

China another example.

More like you kill a lot if people short term and make things worse long term.

Russia for example still hasn't recovered from 1917.

China another example.
. . . but that's still got nothing to do with the image which is talking about the inherent flaws in gun rights and how class theory should be applied to better support the working classes in face of state violence. All you're going is going "look at these bad Red countries" as some kind of weird proof that . . . I dunno. Citizens having guns is bad? Really struggling to see the point being made here.

. . . but that's still got nothing to do with the image which is talking about the inherent flaws in gun rights and how class theory should be applied to better support the working classes in face of state violence. All you're going is going "look at these bad Red countries" as some kind of weird proof that . . . I dunno. Citizens having guns is bad? Really struggling to see the point being made here.

I don't think civilians need assault rifles and fighting the man had a certain romantic appeal it's generally idiotic.

I don't think civilians need assault rifles and fighting the man had a certain romantic appeal it's generally idiotic.
Ah, right, I get you. With you generally on the whole assault rifle thing myself, but somebody will pop up at some point to talk to use about Armalite and legal magazine sizes and the like, I'm sure.

Top Bottom