America's UU: What should it be?

What UU fits America best?

• Gatling Gun, upgrading Cannons, Stats 0/(10)/1, with lethal bombardment, cost of 60 shields

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Ottomans are a tribe I hate having anywhere on my continent, a Sipahi is the best offensive unit until Tanks, so a Cavalry UU could be very potent. With America being handicapped with the weakest trait and arguably the worst UU, a better UU could make it worth playing more often.

And with a cavalry UU, everyone would hate having America anywhere on your continent. Just like IRL :lol::lol::lol:

+1 on the Infantry UU, as Kumquat said. I use this for the Americans in my own mod, swiped the US soldier from the WWII conquest and renamed it the GI. It has 9 attack, 10 defense, other stats same as Infantry.

This makes way more sense than a carrier or plane, as it is more likely to be in combat and thus trigger a GA at the appropriate time. US power really took off around the WWII era, so I think this is a better choice than the F-15, which comes too late and has the combat troubles mentioned above.

The minuteman is a good idea also, though it comes a bit early in American history to match up with the time of the US "Golden Age". A tank... hmmm, maybe, but US tanks sucked compared to the German and Soviet stuff.

at the back page ı had opinioned that a unique building could be fine and ı indeed agree that if even ı can do reasonably well at monarch level there is little reason for biding time , but the intention was to emulate American History . Remembering it took X,Y and Z to get the Americans to have a navy and two bit states ( even when they spoke Turkish ) could hold Uncle Sam to ransom for unmolested shipping and since Washington was disliked for those new fangled ideas of freedom that worked against European empires the challenge in the game would be to survive , until the building came along with the perpetual golden age .

new at the game , ı am just beginning to delve in scenario making that's all

I voted for the Sherman Tank. Air units cannot be properly handled by the AI, as well with carriers. That wouldn't help America at all. The Minuteman is good competition, but America's Revolution doesn't show America when it reaches its height. It seems that a lot of the UUs in this game are UUs for the Empire when it was most powerful. US gained most of its power during/right after WWII, so I think the Sherman Tank would fit perfectly in that spot. The only deterrent is, however, the Tank unit in the game is pretty much designed after a Sherman, which would throw some things off

The Sherman wouldn't be too bad - but it got its butt kicked by the German armor running around in 1944-45. One on one, it really couldn't compete. It wouldn't have done well against Soviet tanks, either. I'm sure someone has done a unique Sherman that would differ from the stock tank that could be fitted into the game, though. Since it was less powerful, I would give it a slightly weaker attack, but make it cheaper to build.

Top Bottom