1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammurites alignement - question?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Vorpal+5, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

A strange thing I don't understand in my game. The Ammurites switched to Ashen Veil, so to Evil. Then they discovered and founded FOL and reverted to them... are they not supposed to revert to Neutral? They are still evil, with FOL as State Religion, several turns after the change :eek:

2. zup

zup Chieftain

Adopting a religion permanently changes one's alignment, not just for the duration you have it for a state religion. So you can start off good, and adopt AV to go evil, then switch to for example, OO and still be evil.

FoL does not affect alignment in any way.

3. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

Oooh... ok, but if they change to Order, then can they switch to Good? That will be hard to convince them though, I'm Grigori!

4. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Chieftain

Right, then they will switch to good.

5. Chip56

Chip56 Chieftain

Pretty much impossible since you can only ask them to convert to your state religion.
    And since they already have a releigion it's unlikly that you can get a clear majority of order cities.

6. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

Since nobody has mentioned it, adopting Runes of Kilmorph would revert you from evil to neutral. By the same token, Octopus Overlords would bring a "good" leader back to neutral. As has already been stated, Fellowship of Leaves has no effect on alignment.

7. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

You forgot Empyrean and CoE. Empyrean will also neutralize evil civilizations, and CoE will neutralize good civilizations.

8. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

I wish that Empryean and Council of Esus worked slightly differently then Octopus Overlords and Runes of Kilmorph. Let me explain.

Right now, if you are neutral, it is impossible to become evil or good without adopting the Order or Ashen Veil. This, to me, seems a little strange- you have to instantly go from being totally neutral to being fanatically good or fanatically evil.

What if when you adopted Empryean as an neutral civ, you became good? And when you adopted CoE as a neutral civ, you became evil? You would still become neutral if you adopted Empryean as evil, and still become neutral if you adopted Council of Esus as good, but those religions would keep "pulling" you towards good or evil after you changed to one of them at neutral.

Or RoK/FoL instead of Empryean/CoE. I don't know, the point is one pair of the "Good-Neutral, Evil-Neutral" religions should work like that...

9. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Chieftain

who says you have to be fanatically good? you can still backstab, attack with hidden nationality units, pay to have another civ declare war on fellow goodies. really the only change gameplay-wise is a few late-game units and a small diplomacy boost. Same goes with being fanatically evil. Just cause you have the title doesn't mean you have to play the part. In fact, in higher difficulty games my alignment changes 3-4 times and I forget what I am until I have the option to build something different. "Holy crap! I can build Paladins!"

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

The only amurites alignment is the "fire" alignment. The only way to play amurites is to build a stack of firebows and firebomb the crap out of everyone. If you dont play with fire as the amurites ur doin it wrong :p .... jeheheheheh