Amplitude shows Humankind development art works

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
It seems now that Humankind is out, Amplitude has decided to feature their artists, and allow them to show some of their development artworks to the world, at least according to https://twitter.com/humankindgame/status/1441071131658571776

4 artists have already released their artworks, and you can see them here:
Some of these really look nice, e.g.

Have a look at the rest too :).

The artworks are really really good. I like them very much. The tech tree in Civ6 looks like a spreadsheet compared to the technology screen in Humankind. I really really like the artworks next to the techs that you have researched or are researching.
Also the music is extremely good. I would wish for a little bit of diversity sometimes being more customized to the culture or map section that you're looking at. But overall, it's fantastic. It has character and it has choral as well as non-vocal parts. It doesn't get into the way and it really creates a very nice background experience. It's also a pretty universal set of sounds that fit a lot of different cultures and regions, really if you want so I think it's a collection of music that represent humankind. It's even on-par with my all-time favourite Heroes of Might and Magic 3 that I sometimes just "played", but actually was just listening to the music instead.

Anyway, appreciating the artwork and the music (on youtube) and after several hours of playing I really really think that humankind is the best among all 4X games so far. And, somewhat sadly, I have to admit it is better than Civilization, though. And that is what makes me a little sad, looking back at Civ1 artwork, and browsing my memories and feelings from a very long time ago.

Top Bottom