[R&F] Amundsen-Scott Research Station doubled effect doesn't affect all cities

leandrombraz

Emperor
I thought the doubled yields from the Amundsen-Scott Research Station (+20% Science and 10% Production in all cities. If there are 5 Snow or Snow Hills tiles within 3 tiles of this city and owned by this player these yields are doubled.) would affect all cities, that doesn't seem to be the case:

20180213202523_1.jpg
20180213202857_1.jpg

I'm getting 20% on the city I built it but only 10% in other cities. Bug or intended?

Edit: Same for Science (there's 15% added to it that I don't remember the source lol).
20180213205254_1.jpg

20180213205323_1.jpg

Last edited:
Either bugged or poorly worded.

I have yet to build this thing. I can't see it ever happening for me.

I have yet to build this thing. I can't see it ever happening for me.

It seems designed for highly culture-focused civs go want to pivot in the late game for science victory. Can see this happening if you face Kongo or Russia and have too high a tourism target.

What's with the 40+ housing ?!

Thanks for the inputs - and sorry for deviating the thread !

I think it must be the democracy bonus (+1 for each district).
Cree UI, New deal policy and I think the golden age dedication give housing for each district in the city

Actually it isn't the golden age, it's Democracy as kaspergm said. When I took this screenshot I had just got Call to arms in the golden age (special casus belli + production to military), before that it was one that gave production. I'm also using the legacy policy card for democracy, so double on that.

So close to building it this game. Not that I needed it as I was going culture victory, and I hit culture victory with 3 turns to go. Just wanted to share my sweet spot I almost built it in. These 2 cities actually got to a decent size. Beijing was a culture flip, and just recently built St. Basil's which the AI amazingly didn't build all game long in a terrible location. I have 2 governors here since these are the few cities that are off continent for me (I built casa de contr...)

It seems like I would have gotten the 5 snow tiles bonus for this, and yes the description does seem poorly worded. I have a feeling that they only meant it to be doubled for the city. And I'm assuming it doesn't have to be the city that built it?

Top Bottom