[R&F] Amundsen-Scott Research Station wonder video

Yields in Snow tiles ... Should we expect in the future a civ that has boni on snow tiles (Haida, Canada, a second russian leader, ...) ?

Yields in Snow tiles ... Should we expect in the future a civ that has boni on snow tiles (Haida, Canada, a second russian leader, ...) ?

It’s badly worded. Its extra bonus if the wonder is in a city with 5+ snow tiles (civilopedia screenshot is in the stream thread, can’t copy from the cell)

It's good to have another modern Wonder. Science and Production boost will be useful to Science victory.

This is probably one of those wonders that pushes a low Science nation into a better position since it's unlocked via the Civics Tree.

For the longest time in Civ 5 people were clamoring for a Petra equivalent Wonder for snow tiles. This seems to fit that niche nicely

But 0 x 2 = 0, so not sure i understand the yield benefit.. (jk, somewhat; I know snow hills have production)

A lot of hammers and very late wonder. Not sure how useful that will end up being.

But 0 x 2 = 0, so not sure i understand the yield benefit.. (jk, somewhat; I know snow hills have production)

It doesn't boost tile yields, it boosts city yields. And the boost to city yields is doubled if you have 5 snow tiles at that city.

And it boosts it in all cities, not just the snow city that built it.

Yeah, just realised I wasn't clear. The city with the wonder needs the five snow tiles and then all cities get the double boost.

Love the music and glad to have more modern science-based wonders, especially one representing a continent often forgotten about entirely.

I will say I would have preferred a simple +1 science and production to snow tiles. I get that the Wonder is intended to make deep snow cities viable, but the conditions seem overly demanding and I fear as a result, it won’t be worth it in most circumstances. You need to have a good amount of production in the first place to get Wonders out in reasonable time.

Penguin civ confirmed. All hail our penguin overlords!

You need to have a good amount of production in the first place to get Wonders out in reasonable time.
That's where St. Basil's comes in ;)

I think it's an interesting wonder, especially as it's a science wonder unlocked in the civics tree.
And +40% science is nothing to sneeze at!

Top Bottom