Amusing Tech Quotes

baseballpie

Deity

Hahaha! I love it!

"If you chase two rabbits, may the Lord make his face to shine upon you to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy." -- Publius.

"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." -- Herodotus.

"You would make a ship sail against the winds and currents by carrying away small stones? Truly that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One. Thou shalt have no other gods before me." -- Adolf Hitler.

"Beep...Beep....Beep...I got all pig iron." -- Mao Zedong.

:lol: That's great!

"My name is Ozymandias, but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." -- Leonardo Da Vinci

"A man does not get himself killed for a little security so cheap that only the rich will burn candles." -- Angela Merkel

"It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by one vessel unto honor, and another onto dishonor?" -- Kurdish proverb

I love this so much :lol:

"The bureaucracy is expanding, not when there is nothing left to add, but when political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Andrew Jackson

I can at least attempt this...

"The whole is more than what its purchaser will pay for the minds of all, the idea of God." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"We will make electricity so cheap that I have no time for this nonsense to electrify him." - Robert Bacon

"You should hammer your iron when the same God that has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect will feed him for a life time for art's sake." - Steve Wozniak

3172) You spend your free time merging civ4 tech quotes for the sake of humor.

"The whole is greater than the earthly by the love of self, so long as it's black." - Pliny the Elder

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection, when words are both true and kind, so that the strong should not harm the weak, except by the lawful judgment of his peers".

"Never trust a computer we borrow from our children." - Homer

"It is not the strongest species that survive, but the great masses of the wisest men that follow their own direction with their eyes turned skyward." - Virgil

"It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities make a habit of doing two things: to help, or at least, to do no harm." - Albert Einstein

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with what gunpowder did for war." - Sputnik

As you may have found out, this thread is dedicated to amusing mash-ups of the Technology quotes in Civ4.

:thumbsup:

"When I ask the poor why art for art's sake is an empty phrase, they want to tell me one word - just one word - Corporation: Noun. An ingenious device for a man who moves a mountain. But one can not eternally live in the difference between poverty and starvation to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl? I have no time for this nonsense. I am the state." - Isaac Newton

Communism + Aesthetics + Plastics + Corporation + Mining + Rocketry + Chemistry + Artillery + Steam Power + Divine Right.

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, and you get there in a car."

"The only thing worse than being talked about is chewed and digested."

"If music be the food of love, the great masses of people know well what leads you forward and what holds you back. You know her life was saved by Rock 'n' Roll."

"And them that take the sword let there be one ruler, one king."

Sun-Tzu

"Two cities have been formed by two loves: plastics and the flocks of thy sheep. You will lose them both."

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from banking establishments."

Tims' and wimp's are both pretty good, but vandermerwe's are priceless

"You will lose them both"

"If music be the food of love, then the conversation ends with a conspiracy against the public." - John Lennon

"Not at all similar are the two rabbits formed by two loves"

Anonymous rabbit geneticist

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, but the two rabbits with a conspiracy against the public."

"What is happiness? To bring about the rule of righteousness in the land out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong

"I will to my lord be true and faithful, and live without books. Political power grows out of ignorance." - Hammurabi
Feudalism + Paper + Rifling + Education

"Artillery is indistinguishable from magic. So long as it's black." - Buddha
Artillery + Fusion + Assembly Line

Laughed til it hurt :)

"It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to be chewed and digested" - Hannibal Lecter

"The future will be better when it's glowing hot." - Al Gore

Top Bottom